nineteen

chapter nineteen

Liam’s POV // 3rd person

            After watching the movie and eating Chinese food, Zayn asked me if he wanted to go to a festival with him. It was a festival in his old middle school and a couple of his friends would be going. I hesitantly agreed, slightly upset that I let Zayn off the hook so easily hoping that he wouldn’t make it a habit and know that I would let him off the hook so easily every time. Either way I didn’t have anything better to do with my time, so why not?

            We got to the festival and it was very small. A hundred people at most were there, it was tiny and very local. There carnival booths to win small stuffed animals, so Zayn trying to be cute got five dollars worth of tickets and took me by the hand to a ring toss booth. He tried and tried until his third and last ring made it in the cone, winning him a small rat stuffed animal.

            “It’s for you!” Zayn said kissing my forehead.

            “It’s the size of my palm,” I joked feeling the stuffed animal, but in fact I was really grateful to even have a boyfriend to win me something.

            “Heyyy! Not my fault I don’t have good aim.”

            I gripped Zayn’s forearm as he guided me to a hilltop under the shade of a tree, there we sat and cuddled while we waited for his friends to show up. It was still four in the afternoon and they said they’d be here at 4:30. We talked and flirted and kissed and finally Zayn shifted underneath me and got up and greeted his friends.

            “Hey James!” I heard as Zayn greeted one of his friends, “Zach what’s up man?”

            There were only two guys, but there were multiple girls, “Mirjane, Jessica, Lily, what’s up?”

            They all said their hellos, I could hear the awkwardness in the air about the fact that I didn’t stand up, so they all just came near me and said hi and I didn’t know if they were speaking to me due to the fact that I obviously can not see. It still upsets me that I give off an awkward vibe, but fuck it. I said hello to everyone and Zayn explained that I was blind, but something that upset me more was that he didn’t greet me as his boyfriend…

//

            We played in the fair for a little bit, but then we got bored. So, we went through the middle school walked around the lockers. Zayn didn’t mind it one bit that I was gripping on to his forearm while his friends were fooling around. James flirted with the girls, while Zach flirted mostly with Lily. Lily and Zach roamed through the halls, Zach fooling around with the locks in the lockers attempting to pull them open.

            James, Mirjane and Jessica pulled open a Sharpie and doodled on posters of kids running for CLT. No one knew what the fuck a CLT was, they just wrote little i’s in between the L and the T. James drew a dick on the face of a boy feeling childish while commenting that he failed AP Art which is why his dick drawings were so disproportioned. Everyone was being silly and foolish and being teenagers. It felt nice knowing that you could be "disabled" and still feel like you’re part of something.

            While all the others fooled around Zayn pulled me on the side of a locker and kissed me. He kissed me hard and told me he really fucking liked me. I told him I really fucking liked him back. He kissed me again and then he pulled me because everyone else was starting to walk off to go to down town.

            “Where are we going?” I asked Zayn.           

            “Some clubhouse near the beach.” James replied while lighting a cigarette.

            We walked around town, making stops by CVS to grab some water and fooling around.

            James gave a piggy back ride to Mirjane, while Zach gave a piggy back ride to Lily. Zayn joined them and gave me a piggy back ride. The stop light was on red and the goal was to get to the other side of the road quickest. The little red hand faded away onto a walking man and the boys sprinted with the girls on their backs. Zayn was close to being first, but James won, that’s only because he got a head start, let’s be honest here. Zach was last and his excuse was that he’s very out of shape.

            We walked a little more; cigarettes were lit by James and Zayn, the girls were flirting and fooling around. Kisses by Zayn and me were exchanged. I was happy. I felt like an actual teenager… 

//

            We got to the clubhouse and there was a party happening in the bottom floor so we walked up the stairs to the floor with the pool table and the foosball table. The girls sat on the chairs and I sat on the pool table while James, Zach and Zayn played pool table. Every time Zayn got a point or whatever you get in pool, he came and pecked my lips. Zach walked to Lily trying to the same, but she just pushed him away saying ‘you wiiishhh.’

            Once the boys finished playing pool, they sat down on the pool table and we all talked for a little bit, but that got boring fast so we ran down the stairs to the pool and stuck our feet in. James flirted with the girls, while Zayn hugged me from behind and Zach mimicked this with Lily, who didn’t comment.

            We talked loudly and laughed. The boys yelled at the little kids telling them ‘do a cannonball’ and shit like that, making us get kicked out for our loudness.

            We went back up the stairs and played spin the bottle. Multiple kisses and make out sessions were exchanged. I got to kiss Zayn multiple times, I kissed James and Lily once and then I got bored and walked away.

            Zayn followed behind me and we kissed out in the balcony. It was fun. I just really liked that day. I felt like a teenager… I didn’t feel like "blind boy"… I didn’t feel "disabled"… I felt like a teenager… And it was damn good.

-----------------------

A/N: This chapter is probably written in some new style it's like fast paced teenager style and some of you might notice, it's because i've gotten hooked onto a book (palo alto by james franco) with a similar writing style but his was more clean cut and more properly written and idk if it's just me but when i get hooked on a book my writing style changes for a little bit but then it goes back to the same idk if that's just me???

anyways, i apologize for the super duper late update, but here's a new chapter!!

how are you guys? :) what are you guys up toooooo, what are you guys being for halloween and what are you guys being? i'm thinking of being olaaf (is that how u spell it?) yeah and i still don't know what i'm doing for halloween my friend completely bailed on our every year tradition and found new friends to do shit with so that really sucks.... now i don't know what to do. i would stay at home and give candy to trick or treat-ers but people don't trick or treat in my neighborhood..... but whateverrrr, yeah my lifes alright, boys suck though and so does school and drama and that's pretty much a life update on me.... how are you guys? x

i love you guys a shit ton and i hope you know that. :)

ps. i'll start dedicating chapters again, so if you want a dedication just comment saying what your being for halloween and add a little heart in the end like "<3" or "♥" and i'll make sure to dedicate chapters to everyone who wants one! :) LOVE YOU ALLLL SO MUCH. ((sorry this a/n was longer than the chapter itself hahaha))