thirteen

chapter thirteen

hello journal,

it’s been a while… garden day is today. i’m a bit nervous because what happens after today? will zayn still hang around me? a couple of days ago he told me he really fucking liked me, which made my heart flutter a lot. is it bad that i enjoyed hearing the jealousy in his voice? anyways, he’s changed me… or maybe i just change around him… I’m not sure which one is better, but i don’t flinch when he touches me, instead my body feels tingly… it’s very odd and i’ve never felt anything like it before. usually when someone touches me it burns… like acid; acid that could burn the eyesight out of one’s eyes… but when he touches me it’s like such a gentle, healing touch, a touch that could cure burns from acid and could bring eyesight back. every time he touches me or runs his hand down my back or plays with my hair, i want more, i want him to keep playing with my hair or keep smoothing the back of my shirt with his palm… i probably sound very creepy right now so i’ll just stop. um, okay bye.

//

            “Hey guys!” Caroline welcomed all the volunteers in the back garden, most who were forced to volunteer like Liam and Zayn. 

            There was an awkward pause with small mumbles from kind girls who replied with a ‘hello.’

            “We’re all gathered here today to host our 15th annual Open Garden Day!” Caroline said with her overly excited voice, “It’s going to be so much fun!”

            Liam pushed his dark glasses up the bridge of his nose and shot Caroline a smile, crossing his fingers he was actually looking at her and not at thin air.

            Zayn who was standing in the gate of the garden simply watching Liam from afar deep down wasn’t pleased with Liam’s little smile, but he did prevented from getting upset since he was going to spend the whole rest of the afternoon with him.

            “If any of you guys have any questions don’t hesitate to come to me! Have fun and enjoy yourselves, I’ll be walking around!” Caroline smiled brightly and dismissed everyone to their spots.

            Liam smiled at the ground and stood there for a solid thirty seconds not knowing where to go because Zayn hadn’t come to guide him.

            “Hey Liam!” Caroline approached him skipping. “Do you know where you are?”  

            “I… um… In the garden?” Liam felt puzzled and slightly scared, did Caroline find out or something.

            “No, silly! Where you’re placed in the garden. As in, the kitchen or the back to sing or where?” Caroline smiled even if Liam was just mumbling at the floor.

            “Oh, I, um. I’m actually, y’know, waiting for my partner… Zayn!” Liam didn’t know if Zayn was in the garden yet or if he decided to skip.

            “He’s right over there. I’ll leave you two to it, bye Liam!” Caroline skipped away without a trace of upsetness over the fact that Liam didn’t text her after hanging out together at the movies.

            Liam played with his arm not daring to move because he was scared he would step in a plant without realizing.

            “Zayn?” Liam mumbled around, hoping he would stop torturing him.

            “Zayn?” Liam’s face twisted as the heat of the sun got hotter.

            Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam’s neck from behind and kissed his neck, as in reflex Liam craned his neck, but that didn’t get him to moan in protest.