five

chapter five:

            Liam has been confused many times in the past, but nothing compared to how confused he was right now. Liam was more than confused right now, he didn’t know why Zayn was so focused on finding more about him, he didn’t know why Zayn was trying to be kind. Was Zayn playing that game where he acts nice and like he hasn’t been a douche to Liam all this time just to become friends and have Zayn dump him and treat him like shit afterwards? Liam rolled his eyes, he couldn’t fall for Zayn and he had to force Zayn to leave and not play this game. Liam wasn’t into these little mind games, he thought they were silly, time-consuming and heart aching. He didn’t like them, in fact he despised them.

            Liam rolled his eyes, but the fact that Zayn was so set into “befriending” him didn’t leave his mind. What was up with Zayn? What’s his problem? Why the hell was he acting like he wasn’t one of his top bullies? For fuck’s sake, Liam thought, does he think I’m stupid? I know what little game he’s trying to play.

//

            “Class, class, settle down.” The English professor tried to tame the wild senior class, “Alright, just like every year we will be writing a start of the year letter to read and compare to in the end of the year, alright?”

            “I would like you all to write your life in four words and describe your expectations and hopes for this year,” The English teacher continued, “Alright, grab a paper and begin, as for your Liam,”

            He approached Liam and Liam sunk into his desk, he hated being pointed out in the middle of announcements, he felt like the odd one out.

            “I’d like you to use your special computer so I can read it alright?”

            “You’re reading these?!” A girl, who was clearly eavesdropping, squealed.

            “Yes, I am, so write appropriate stuff.” The teacher announced.

            “So we can’t write ‘to shag all the girls including the hot biology teacher’ in our hopes and expectations?” A boy mumbled under his breath with a smirk.

            “No, Tony, you can’t write that.” The teacher said annoyed.

            Everyone laughed and Liam pulled out his ‘special’ computer. It was a computer whose keys were written in braille, but it wrote in ‘normal’ letters so the teachers knew what he was writing. The problem was that if Liam wanted to read over what he wrote he couldn’t feel the screen, instead he had to put earphones in and the machine would read what he wrote to him.

            Liam took a deep breath and ran a list of negative words to describe his life through his mind. Boring. Sad. Depressing. Suicidal. Shitty. Dark. Heartbreaking. Lonely. Tears. Pain. Hurt. Annoying. Repetitive. Humiliating. Hopeless. He couldn’t find a single positive word to describe his life. His life wasn’t really worthy of positive words, at least not when he’s blind, if he weren’t blind he knew for sure that his life would be a list of positive words.

            Liam picked four words off his never ending list. Dark, Lonely, Hurt, Hopeless. Here we go, Liam took a deep breath and started to carefully feel the keys and begun to write.

            My life in four words is, dark, lonely, full of hurt and hopeless. My expectations for the year are that it will be better than the other three, but it probably won’t.

            Liam took out the last part because he didn’t want to seem depressed and have the teacher talk with him about how dark and depressing his letter was.