twenty-three

chapter twenty-three
Zayn ran out of the house chasing after Harry and Liam who were in the driveway of the cabin. Harry started to walk towards Zayn and stopped when he met with Zayn.
"Liam told me to tell you to 'Go fuck yourself.'" Harry smiled bluntly.
Zayn shoved Harry, "Get out of my way."
"Your love for blind boy disgusts me." Harry called out.
Zayn scoffed and called at Liam, "Liam!"
Liam was on his phone talking to Niall when he heard Zayn calling for him. As soon as he heard Zayn's thick voice he panicked and hung up on Niall repeatedly making it clear for him to pick him up as soon as possible.
Liam was captive to Zayn at this point, he had no one. No Louis, no Niall, no one. He was in Zayn's territory; at the cabin party. He had nowhere to go and no one to go to. Liam was cornered.
Zayn approached Liam and started off slow, "Liam look. Whatever Harry told you it's not true."
Liam stayed silent.
"Please tell me what Harry told you. Please Liam."
Silent treatment.
"Look Liam. I love you." Zayn started.
Liam cut him off saying, "Yeah? Is that why you talk to other girls and get with other girls? Taking advantage of the fact that I'm blind, huh? Real mature Zayn, real mature."
"I wasn't even-"
"Don't start Zayn, don't. Please just leave me, I'm waiting for Niall to come pick me up because he also went with his family to their cabin, he'll be here any moment." Liam bit his lip, he had a habit of crying when he was filled with rage, but he wasn't about to cry in front of Zayn.
Zayn approached Liam a little close and when he was about to put his hand on Liam's shoulder, but Liam immediately moved sensing Zayn's presence around him.
"Please don't touch me Zayn. Please don't speak to me. Just let me be for once! You can bully me for four years, yeah whatever. But you can't, you fucking can't, act like you love me and then go around being with other girls. That's so unacceptable and fucking immature! It's because I'm blind isn't it? I'm an easy target, huh? I mean, bullying is pretty low, but not being loyal is on another level of low. I'm so disgusted." Liam was speaking more to himself than to Zayn.
"I-"
"Tell me something Zayn, how many other girls have you been with since you started going out it's me? Just tell me that please." Liam looked down fearing the truth.
"Zero."
"Bullshit," Liam hissed. "Don't bullshit me Zayn, don't. Just tell me the truth or I'll ask Harry myself."
Zayn took a deep breath and softly said, "Two."
Before Liam could speak Zayn stepped up, "Only at the beginning of our 'thing,' then when it got more serious I stopped. I swear."
Liam let out a shaky breath, "Please go Zayn, please go away."
Zayn began talking quickly, "I can explain. I can explain. I love you. I truly do. You changed me. It would usually be more girls trust me. Liam for fuckssake you gotta believe me! Dammit Liam pay attention to me. You changed me, fuck. Liam."
"Changed? You can't change a person Zayn, you're the only person who can change yourself. Stop saying bullshit. It's sad, Zayn, it's really sad that you can't be loyal."
"Just so you know it was never because you were blind or an easy target. I'm sorry Liam." Zayn kicked the snow on the floor and kept shivering. He didn't know if he shivered from anger, sadness or coldness. But he was leaning towards sadness. He felt disappointed. He didn't know Liam was special when he first started talking to him romantically, he thought he was just another person who he could get away with being with others. Boy was he wrong. Zayn truly felt something for Liam. That something that Prince Charming felt for Cinderella. That something that Zayn thought was bullshit. Zayn wasn't about to give up the fight for Liam so easily.
Silence.
Silence.
So much silence that Liam thought Zayn wasn't there still, but he knew he was because of Zayn's shivering breath.
"Liam. I love you." Zayn said, still staring at Liam's back. A single tear fell from his eye and he was thankful that the party was still going on because it would've been embarrassing for others to see this.
No 'I love you' from Liam. Only silence. The same silence that Liam used when Zayn and Harry spat insults at him. He never thought he'd use that same silence on one of Zayn's 'I love you's.'
Zayn didn't know what else to say, but he was determined to stay this whole time with Liam even if it meant getting frostbite. He just knew he was going to get a lot of alone time once Liam stepped in the car with Niall, so he was willing to freeze his ass off facing Liam's back.
"Liam say something please." Zayn said in between shivers.
"You're disgusting."
"Not that, please, tell me something."
"I hate you."
Zayn sighed.
Liam raised his voice at Zayn, "What the hell do you expect me to say for fucks sake? You broke my fucking heart. I'm sad as hell and that's it.  Please go."
Zayn stayed.
And five minutes of silence later, bright headlights approached. So bright you could see every speck of snow falling from the sky onto the earth. The car parked smoothly next to Liam, a Irish blonde lad dressed in a navy sweater stepped out, took Liam by the arm and guided him into the car. A soft close of the door announced the weeks of pure mourning and loneliness that were to follow for both Zayn and Liam. The car drove off and a Zayn drenched in white specs of snow was left alone with shivering cold skin. It could've been that it was cold from the weather, but for Zayn it was cold because it didn't have Liam's warm touch around. Zayn had no idea how he was gonna bear not being with Liam, but all he knew was that he had fucked up majorly.
---------
A/N: I FOUND INTERNET TO UPDATE OMG HI GUYS IM SORRY IM ON VACATION. IVE BEEN TRYING FOR WEEKS TO UPDATE OKAY BYE LOVE YOU GUYS TIMES A BILLION.
PS. SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT. PREPARE FOR MAJOR DRAMA IN THR CHAPTERS TO COME. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS. *hands out seatbelts*