fifteen

chapter fifteen

            It was 10 in the morning and Liam still hadn’t received a message from Zayn. Not a ‘Hi,’ not a ‘I’m sorry babe.xx’ not a smiley face, nothing. Liam tried very, very hard to ignore the clenched feeling that his heart still hadn’t gotten used to. It was as if his heart had begun to clench ever since an hour passed of Zayn not replying and now it has been more than five hours… His heart hurt… Was Zayn okay? Was Zayn cheating? What was up with him?

            At the ten hour mark at 12 in the afternoon the phone rang and Liam’s heart jumped a beat while still being clenched, his heart will not unclench until he heard Zayn’s voice.

            “H-Hello?” Liam said in a breathless voice.

            “Liam?”

            Silence.

            “Liam?”

            “Um,” Liam’s face dropped, not Zayn, “Niall?”

            “Yeah, um, I have to talk to you, I couldn’t wait… I just… I know you’re working on a project with Zayn and you got close to him… So…”

            “Niall are you okay? Did you do something with him?” He’s with Zayn… He’s with Zayn…

            “I need advice.”

            “What did you do?” Liam’s attention was captivated now. Talk about Zayn and he was immediately captivated.     

            “I don’t know how to say this without making you uncomfortable.” Niall said hesitantly.

            Liam still hadn’t told Niall that he was somewhat with Zayn, so what would make Liam so uncomfortable? Stop making up assumptions, Liam, don’t be stupid. Zayn isn’t cheating on you with Niall and if he was… then… wow.

            “I’m gay.”

            Silence.

            “Liam?” Niall asked through the other line with a bitten lip, “I’m sorry. I know I should’ve said it face to face to you, but I was having a midnight monologue with myself last night and I just had to let it out.”

            “I figured.” Liam knew it ever since he met Niall. He was too obsessed with Caroline there was something creepy about how fangirled he got whenever he saw a lady specially Caroline. Caroline was the mainstream girl so who else to go to. Niall tried too hard to play it cool, Liam figured it.

            “How did you find out?”

            “I don’t know I just did. But, how did you find out?”

            “I had a feeling ever since I was younger, but I shook it off. But, then it became more and more prominent with one guy.”

            “Oh shit Niall, are you confessing your love for me?” Liam’s clenched heart was twisting with confusion.

            Niall burst out laughing in his adorable, happiness-filled laughter.

            “Did that come off cocky and arrogant? I’m sorry.” Liam started chuckling along with Niall too. 

            “No, Liam, I am not confessing my love for you. This is where your help comes.”

            “Okay…….. Carry on…..” Liam said gingerly.