The truth (zayn) comes out (11)

Niall's POV

So I honestly have no idea why I'm doing this with Zayn. Or why he even saved me. I'll ask him once I win this bet.

Sure enough, within he next thirty seconds, Zayn screams, and I let out a laugh.

Zayn punches my shoulder lightly. "It was a manly scream." He laughs. God, he has a gorgeous laugh.

"Either way, you still owe me five pounds." He chuckles, and after we exit, he hands me the money he owes me.

"Zayn. Why did you come and help me? You could have just left me there, like the others would have, but you helped me. Don't you hate me?" It doesn't make sense, if someone hates you, why would they come to your rescue.

Zayn takes a deep breath, and I watch his chest rise and fall. "Trust me, you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Hey guys it's time to go!" I hear Harry and Louis shout. Of course their holding hands. Why can't I have someone like that?

As if Zayn read my mind, he intertwines our fingers. I look at him, confused, and he just smiles.

"What's going on over there faggot?" Louis smirks once we get to the van.

"I don't know, but I think it's called holding hands." Zayn chuckles.

"Why? He's a fag." Harry implies.

"I honestly don't understand why you're calling him a fag, when you two are dating. It's no different!" Zayn shouts, the anger rising inside of him.

"Why are you defending him? Just this morning you were doing the same." Anger now rising in Louis' voice, I can tell that this is going to turn out bad.

What comes out of Zayn's voice next truly does surprise me. He was right, I wouldn't believe him.

"Because, I was scared okay! I was scared that if you guys found out that I was in love with Niall, you would treat me the same way! I've loved him for three damn years! I see how he hurts, I didn't know how to help him, so I highly doubt I would know how to help myself!" The Bradford boy shouts loudly at Louis and Harry.

Harry seems just as shocked as I am, but Louis, well he doesn't seem surprised at all.