დTwenty-Nine❧

დ. THIRD POV.

Saphina's head tipped back, a shrill scream from the deep clawed mark across her chest. Her eyes widened, panting heavily as she turned her glower to the young man staring back at her. The woman's heart raced, gritting her teeth. 

"You---" Saphina sucked in a breath of air. "You won't---win!" 

Eli narrowed his eyes, lip curling at her continuous mocking. He curled his fingers in a little, feeling the warm blood on his skin then stretched out his fingers. There was tension in his back muscles and he had to keep rolling his shoulders to ease even a small amount. Saphina mocking him wasn't helping any though. If anything, it was pissing Eli off and his control was starting to wane. 

Taking the opportunity to head straight for her, Eli clutched a hand around Saphina's neck. The woman's eyes widened, choking a bit as she was being lifted off the ground. Saphina grit her teeth, grunting and kicking at the Werewolf. The young man's eyes changed to those of his human and stared up at Saphina.

"I don't think you should be celebrating so soon, Saphina." Eli growled through his grit teeth. "Your world is crumbling from right underneath you and you keep holding onto this hope that your side will win?"

He brought the woman's face closer, narrowing his eyes. Saphina winced from him squeezing her throat a little tighter. When she opened her eyes, she narrowed them. Her fingernails were digging into the skin of his hand but he didn't show any sign of that hurting him. Not even a little bit.

Eli growled, "It's over. You die and this is all over." 

There was a sudden twitch of her lip and a gleam in her eyes that made Eli frown. He wasn't expecting this woman to find what he said amusing. Then again... she was a crazy bitch. Maybe it was something to expect. 

Saphina stretched her neck a bit, gasping in a strangled breath to speak. Her words came out in whispers but the wicked grin she gave Wraith was to reveal her secret. 

"I die..." She winced, stretching her neck again. Her hoarse voice coming from ragged breaths. "And---and this is only... the beginning!"

She cried out from the Werewolf squeezing her throat harder to make the tips of her claws dig into her skin. Eli slammed her down against the side of a boulder. Saphina's eyes widened with her deep intake of breath from the impact. She gave a heated look to the Werewolf snarling at her as he closed in towards her face. 

The Werewolf holding her down demanded to know what she was talking about. Saphina had no issue telling him. Even if she was on the losing end of this battle between Wraith and her, Saphina could have that small satisfaction that her death wouldn't stop the inevitable. 

Saphina chuckled, grinning to reveal enough of the blood staining her teeth. The woman leaned forward where the Werewolf's frown deepened. The close proximity to such a handsome face made this so much sweeter when Saphina admitted Wraith's side might be heading to the finish line but the Society had the only thing standing in the way. Her grin widened, seeing the foggy confusion in the Were's eyes.

"The Phoenix girl, Wraith..." Saphina sneered. "The Phoenix girl."

Eli frowned, turning his head where Wren just snapped Cleo's arm. Wren stood, lip curled as her boot came down to break Cleo's arm further. The roar from the Hybrid rang out, alerting others that she was in need. Wren's head turned towards the group answering Cleo's call. Eli's brother was the first to arrive and swung at Wren. 

The younger Dennison brother was advancing on Wren who was blocking or dodging each blow. She kicked up, knocking Gray's head back then Wren had to swing around to catch the fist of Kale. Wren grit her teeth, shoving the redhead away from her. Now Wren was taking on two of the Alliance; a Hybrid and an Advanced Hunter.