დTwenty-Five❧

დ. BACK IN SAPHINA'S OFFICE .

"You never mentioned anything about an injection before," Pierce frowned, looking at the profile of his sister-in-law. 

Her attention was on the screen in front of them. Saphina's arms were crossed but there was a grin on her face that always hinted to Pierce as her being up to something. Usually it was something she was in on alone. The woman's gaze didn't tear away from the screen. Her eyes were a bit too excitable for Pierce. 

Wondering if she didn't hear him because of her trance, Pierce spoke again. Louder this time. 

"Saphina. I'm talking to you!" 

The woman blinked, turning at the raised tone then frowned, "I'm sorry... did you say something?"

Pierce raised a brow, blinking a few times at the curious look on her face. Letting out a long sigh through his nose, Pierce gave a firm nod that he had said something and demanded to know what injection was Saphina referring to earlier. 

Saphina stared, a blank look taking over before returning her attention to the screen. Wren Phoenix came into view and was being escorted over to the second chair beside the she-wolf. The younger teenager looked worried, questioning what was going on and demanding for the lab coats to let Wren go.

Wren shook her head, promising the she-wolf that everything was going to be okay. But the teenager still pleaded for the release of the older girl. 

Saphina grinned, finding the she-wolf's efforts precious. She scoffed under her breath. She could feel her brother-in-law's hard stare and almost forgot he was there. She frowned, meeting Pierce's gaze once more.

"You have nothing to worry about, Dear brother-in-law. I'm holding up my end of the deal we made; you were to bring Wren Phoenix back to the Society and... and I was to ensure she would be welcomed back."

Pierce narrowed his eyes, glancing at the screen when Saphina turned to it again. His gaze settled on Wren. Her face was blank but there was a fear in her eyes that Pierce wasn't used to. He felt so torn having to stand here and watch whatever Saphina was putting into Wren. 

"The injection," Pierce prodded again. He frowned at the woman who suddenly stiffened. "What's the injection for? What's it supposed to do?"

Without a response, Pierce scowled, demanding to know what Saphina was up to. He gestured to the screen, shaking his head that this wasn't part of the plan. That he wanted Wren safe not becoming a lab rat for his sister-in-law!

"Well then you should have thought of that before," Saphina answered, staring at the screen. The lab attendants were prepping. 

"Wh---what did you just say?" 

Saphina let out a long tired sigh. She tilted her head in Pierce's direction; the stunned look on his face ineffective. Fully turning to face the teenager, Saphina offered a smile, shaking her head that Pierce just needed to leave everything to her. 

Saphina gestured to the screen, nodding that Pierce and Wren would be able to stay together but to ensure that, Saphina needed to rehabilitate Wren. The "soft side" to the teenage girl was the only thing holding Wren back of showing her full potential as the ultimate Societal Agent. 

Her eyes lingered on the screen while grinning. She shrugged a shoulder, chuckling behind her lips. When she faced her brother-in-law, Saphina raised a brow, "Well... that soft side and the medication she'd been taking for years."