დFive❧

AN: Unless stated otherwise (i.e.: დ ELI ❧) then always assume it is in Wren's POV. 

დ❧ 

There was a soft noise in the darkness. I could barely hear it but I knew it was there. I wasn't sure why I couldn't see anything though. But---

There it is again. What was that?

It wasn't until my brain caught up with my senses that I realized I had been in the middle of sleeping. There was definitely a noise but it was not as soft as before. My eyes slowly pried open and I blinked a few times to try to focus my vision in the darkness but that wasn't turning out very well. All I could still see was the dark wall in front of me. 

Frowning, I lifted my head and looked over my shoulder. My body immediately sat up, twisting myself around as I recognized the noise as whimpering and it was coming from Bryce. He was having another nightmare. 

Tucking my hair behind my ear, I tilted my head to lean a little closer and whisper Bryce's name. I didn't want to wake up the house of Werewolves but then they might anyway because of Bryce's noises. I reached forward, frowning as I swiped his blond hair off his forehead but then stopped to look at my hand a second from the sweat on it. 

I felt his forehead then cheek before deciding to climb off the bed we shared and ran over to turn on the light. I cursed under my breath from tripping over my shoes (I know they were mine because Bryce is a total neat-freak and always chastises me for leaving my sneakers everywhere) and almost ate shit. 

When I flipped on the light, I winced from the brightness but then went back into protection-mode, rushing back to Bryce's side to pull the covers off him. Just from the brief glance at the rest of him, my friend was drenched. His nightmares are getting worse...

"B..." I spoke softly, tucking my hair behind my ear which was a little difficult at first because of its choppy length. "B, can you hear me?"

Bryce whimpered again; his chin and lip trembling before a small sob came out of him. His head turned to the side then the other, repeating this a few times while mumbling out, "Mom... Mom, please..." 

I shut my eyes, my body sulking for a moment as I realized what his dreams were about now. Letting out a sigh, I reached over to brush back the sweaty fringe from his face and tried to shake him a little. 

"Bryce... Bryce, it's me, Wren. Bryce?" 

This time I stood up and leaned over him in another attempt to wake him. Big mistake.

When I leaned closer to take hold of his face, Bryce's eyes snapped open but they were the color of his wolf's. My eyes widened a bit when his lip curled and started snarling at me. The low growl from his chest was rumbling upward and offered as a small warning before I jumped back in time. 

Well, almost.

I cried out when Bryce lunged at me and managed to swipe at my arm. Stumbling backward, I hit something and knocked a few things over. Loud crashes and something shattering replaced the quiet and Bryce---still locked in his nightmare---came at me again.

"Bryce! Bryce, wake up!" I shouted, throwing myself out of the way when he lunged at me again. He smacked into the spot I had been previously then turned his golden eyes to me, snarling again.