Chapter 39: The Multi Talented Twins

IA

Miku looked down at the table in disbelief. YOHIOloid caught her up with everything, beginning to end. Her teal eyes did not meet ours once. She was usually talkative, but she was rather quiet this time around. She was probably trying to wrap her head around it all.

"Yuma...." She finally uttered. "I owe you an apology-"

"You don't owe me anything, Miku," he interrupted, causing her eyes to meet his. "Neither of us knew. Lia is alive and now we know, so we just need to put this behind us. Okay?"

She sadly smiled and nodded. "Okay."

YOHIOloid stood up. "Alright, now it's time for me to fake both of your deaths. I've got it all figured out, you two don't need to do anything," YOHIOloid said, looking at both Yuma and ONE. "All I need for you to do is keep a low profile. Wear disguises. Good luck to the both of you, and I can guarantee that you're both in good hands."

"It was a pleasure meeting you," Yuma said, reaching his hand out for a handshake. YOHIOloid shook his hand.

"Yeah, thank you very much," ONE said gratefully.

"The pleasure is all mine," YOHIOloid said. He smiled at us and headed towards the front door.

"Alright," Miku said, getting our attention. "ONE and Yuma, would you both like to be part of our agency? It's going to be extremely dangerous, especially now that you too are supposed to keep a low profile."

"Absolutely," Yuma said.

"Of course," ONE said, smiling.

"Okay. Well, you all better get back upstairs and get some rest. Tomorrow, we're going to have a meeting to discuss the future of Crypton. Go ahead," Miku said.

Quietly, we got up from the table and headed upstairs. Despite how little hours of sleep I got, I didn't think I was going to be able to just fall back asleep. I mean, I was just given a lot of information I need to wrap my head around. My mom is still alive for God's sake! Merely an hour ago, I thought she was dead. But now, with all this craziness in my life, anything could happen.

~

"This meeting is probably one of the most important we've had so far," Miku began.

After having a quick breakfast, we all gathered at the meeting table. It was 12 pm, and damn was I exhausted. I really haven't been getting much sleep lately, my body is tired but my mind isn't.

Miku began explaining to everyone the whole situation regarding ONE, me, Yuma, and my mom. She basically caught everyone up with what they didn't know.

"With all that being said, please welcome two of our new agents," Miku said. "Yuma and ONE, please let everyone know your talents."

"I'm a bomb expert, meaning I can make a bomb and also take one apart," ONE said. "I also have ninja like skills, so I'm fast and good at sneaking around."

"I'm a fighter, specifically with martial arts. I'm also a gun expert, specifically with a sniper gun," Yuma explained.

"Interesting," Kaito commented. "Yuma, you'll be working a lot with Gumi and Gakupo then."

"Alright, then it's all settled," Zatsune said. "With everything sorted out, we have to get back to our missions."

"Right," Miku added. "It's been a while since we've taken on anything. With that being said, we are going to take on a mission. Recently, there have been many people going missing. There isn't a specific demographic; different genders, ages, different walks of life. The reason they may be linked is because they are occurring in the same area. It's happening here, in Tokyo, near the Tokyo tower. So far it's really all we know so we must get right on it."