Episode 13 (S3)

(The Tough😠 And The Dangerous😬)

And within seconds,the whole house hold began to gather from every corner,including the security guards,while my mum began to scream right from the staircase beaconing on my lifeless Dad*•.
.
.
.
GAIUS

I drove into Clara's compound within 45 minutes and parked few feet away from the gate,cause by other vehicles of some relatives and friends that arrived before me. I got down and walked straight into their large leaving room that was almost filled with sympathisers  and stop as the weeping crocodile (Clara's mum) glanced at me,and everyone glanced towards my direction as i gradually got enraged.

On normal days,i would have just smiled at her to quench the rage. But how on earth will a sane guy like me smile at a weeping widow who just lost her husband? Let alone,in the presence of people with different manner of thinking. All this were happening so fast.

I maintained my mean face,trying my best not to look angry,but i don't need to be told that my eyes were turning reddish as it use to be whenever i am enraged. Clara's mum crocodile is getting out of hand,and it might push me into strangling her without knowing her crime.

I was mad and confuse at the same time. “Where am i to start from?" •*I thought to myself as i glanced from her to Clara who sat on the floor about two feet away from the staircase,looking so worn out due to much crying and screaming,i guess*•.

Clara stood from she sat,and walk towards my direction,while i got distracted by my ghost mother as she appeared beside Clara's mum,clad on the same cloth she wore the very day she dead. Since i was born,I've never seen a ghost before,not even my own parents. My ghost mother stared at me with pain and serious facial expression,bleeding from her nose,and my rage varnished instantly,along with the crocodile's reflection.

“Is she trying to protect Clara's mum from me or what? Why is she bleeding?" •*i thought to myself as i stare at her bleeding nose in silent*•. People might wonder why i am still staring at Clara's mum like that instead of sympathising with them,not knowing that I'm seeing things they can't see*•.

“Were you murdered as well?" •*I opened my mouth to asked my bleeding Mum who stood beside her friend,but my lips opened and closed shiveringly without saying a word*•.

“Baby stop it". •*Clara whispered as she rub my chick twice with her soft Palm just as she got to where i stood. That was when i even realise that I've been crying since i saw Mum(ghost),while people murmurs to themselves,probably thinking that i am crying because of the almighty Nwachukwu who just paid for the crime he committed long ago*•.

I closed my eyes as my lovely worn out Clara hugged me tightly,and by the time i opened them,my ghost Mum was gone.

“Come". •*Clara's Mum said to me with a gesture,after cleaning her own teary eyes,and i gently walked to her with Clara behind me*•.

“You've to be strong ma'am". •*I said to Clara's Mum as i squat in front of her,using her own hanky to clean her face*•.

“I will,that's if i don't see you cry again". •*She said to me,and i nod my head,muttering “I won't ma'am"*•.

Where's Desmond? •*I asked Clara,still squatting*•.

“He's upstairs". •*She said and i stood to my foot,and we both head towards the staircase*•.

“No,this way". •*Clara said as she redirects me towards the kitchen door,getting wondering what we're going to do there*•.

ME: You said he's upstairs.

“Yes,but i can't imagine myself climbing those stairs... My Dad failed from it and died few hours ago". •*She said barely audibly as we walked into the kitchen that leads to their backyard and i showed sympathy*•.