Chapter 33: I drove from miles and miles and wound up at your door..

HI.IM NOT EVEN GOING TO HAVE A MASSIVE ENTRANCE. I'M JUST GONNA GIVE YOU GUYS THIS LONG ASS CHAPTER AND LET YOU DO THE REST. ENJOY......

CHARLOTTE POV

As I was just about to fall fast asleep my mobile went off, absolutely scaring the crap out of me. The dim light provided by the stars up above on my ceiling helped me find it within the folds of my covers and I picked it up to see Ella’s flashing face.

“Hey!”

“Choo choo!” She greeted, “Did I wake you?”

“No, no. I’m just in bed. How are you doing?”

“It’s so nice up here, Char” She sighed, “This cabin is so beautiful and everything around here is so amazing.”

I smiled at hearing her so happy. “Are you in a different cabin than all the other reunions?”

“No, it’s so odd. I never noticed how great this place before. I think it’s because I was always so busy missing.. him.”

I nodded in understanding, “I’m glad. You sound happy.”

“I really am. I didn’t think it’d be this.. not.. easy, but… I guess, easy to forget about him.”

Even when she didn’t make sense I completely understood what she meant. I think it was the best friendship of fifteen years.

“You deserve everything that makes you happy, darling.” I replied and I could hear her laugh softly over the loud ruckus in the back. Those Morettis were the typical loud Italian family; I always loved going to those reunions with her.

“How was your day?”

I sighed, knowing telling her would completely ruin her mood. I contemplated not saying anything but knew how mad she would be when she found out, so I just told her.

“The metal bar of doom came out..”

Her sharp intake of breath said it all. “Charlotte… what?”

“Yeah… I uh… ended up going to the dance studio last night.

“WHAT?!” This scream was more excited. “How was it?! Oh my God, Char!”

I laughed lightly at her change in mood. “It was… bloody amazing. I didn’t realize how much I missed it.”

“Of course, wait till I’m gone to go into the studio” She sighed, “I haven’t been begging you to come with me for months or anything.”

I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm, “I know.. I know.. I just… it was something I needed to do on my own.”

“I understand.  I’m so happy for you, Char. But, what’s this about the walker now?”

“I woke up and couldn’t feel my legs so Connor came in the middle of the night and did the entire process”

She groaned, knowing exactly what this process was. “Are you alright, babe?”

“I am actually” I felt the wide smile stretch across my face as I thought back to the day.

“Uh.. not to be a downer or anything but… I’m usually expecting Charcoal Charlotte on days like these.”

I laughed at her old nickname she pulled out for me on my bad days. Because I was so miserable and just.. there, Ella had dubbed me Charcoal Charlotte; a name that I absolutely detested during those days, but now I just found it funny.