Chapter 11: Dancing in the Moonlight

At around six thirty all the guests had arrived and we were all now seated at the extended dining table. It was so nice to see how full the house is, there were about fifteen people gathered around. The twins had their own little table nearby where they ate while jabbering away to each other. I was seated with Harry to my left and an empty seat for Matt on my right. He still hadn’t showed up and I was hoping it was traffic that was delaying him.

“Hun, just give him another ring. The food will get cold.” My mum pointed at the lovely dinner and I sighed, picking up my phone from where it was resting in my lap. Once again, voice mail.

Harry shook his head beside me, holding his fork and knife in anticipation. I shot him a look and he shrugged innocently before turning to speak to Louis who was on his other side. I gazed across the way at Ella and she gave me the same look Harry did.

“It’s okay, let’s just eat. He’ll catch up.” I put a smile on my face and as soon was the words left my mouth everyone began digging in.

Robin cut the roast perfectly and we passed around the plates before we were all settled with our food. My mum grabbed all our attention by clinking her glass and the table immediately went quiet.

“Tonight we are celebrating many different occasions. One is having Harry, Louis, and Zayn all warming the house for the next few days. Welcome home boys.” She winked at them and they all smiled and nodded in thank you. “Millie here is.. can I say it?” she turned to Millie who nodded with a wide smile. “carrying my next niece or nephew.”  Millie and her husband Mike were both positively beaming as we all cheered. Lucy and Phoebe held up their glasses of juice and shrieked with us which was positively adorable. “Ella recently just had a dream come true” she pointed her glass at Ella who blushed and blew her a kiss. Mark rubbed the back of her neck affectionately. I winked across the table at her and she returned it. “Robin and I are tying the knot in just fifteen short days” she took his hand in her free one and he planted a kiss on her cheek. “and lastly” she paused and looked at me, the tears that have been pricking her eyes slowly falling. I had no idea what she was going to say, but I felt my cheeks heat up as everyone at the table looked at me. “My beautiful Charlotte who after one year has come such a long way. Who seeing smile makes me the happiest mum in the world. So happy I drive her crazy with wedding plans, but she never once complained.” We all laughed at this. “And today she made us this fabulous meal that we are about to enjoy. I love you, baby. Both my babies, and I am just so happy to have both of you.” Harry wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me in while blowing a kiss at Mum. “So, here’s to the amazing things in life and to Harry and Charlotte.” She raised her glass and we all followed suit.

“Aren’t the two synonymous, though?” Louis asked with a cheeky wink which sent us all into laughter.

Harry clapped and grasped his shoulders in a brotherly way. “Here here!” He held his glass up jokingly.

“To amazing things and Harlotte” Zayn clinked his glass against Ella’s who repeated it and clinked Mum’s. Before long were all clinking glasses and having a grand time.

“He’s the harlot though” I pointed beside me at Harry who gaped.

“Hey!” He put me in a headlock, me shrieking and trying to wrestle out.

“Stooop” I giggled, reaching up and messing his hair while still in his hold.

“I take it all back” Mum laughed as well as the rest of the table.

Harry finally let go, keeping his arm around me as we ate.

Dinner went by amazingly and not once did I think about the empty seat beside me. It was great being surrounded by all these friends and family and nothing could ever compare. One by one everyone was leaving the dining area and I got up with Ella.