Chapter 15: Do You Feel Like a Man When You Push Her Around?

I decided to take him back to my house since I was in no mood of going up lifts or worse, three flights of stairs with a dead weight if the lifts happened to not be working again. As I pulled into the drive I noticed that my Jeep was parked meaning Zayn had made it back from his date already. That was quick. But then I looked to the dash and my eyes widened to the fact that it was almost 2 AM. Matt and I had taken forever to leave because of his stupid ass and I hadn’t even realized how late it’s gotten.

“Come on, we’re here. Get out.” I shook Matt who had already passed out cold five minutes into the car ride. “Matt. Get up.”

He mumbled something and continued to sleep only adding to my frustration. “MATT GET THE FUCK UP!” I screamed into his ear and he shot up with a gasp.

“What the fuck, Charlotte” He whined and sat back in his chair.

“We’re here. Get out.”

I hopped out of my side and went over to his where he was slowly getting out. He wobbled and flung forward where I quickly caught him, groaning at his weight again.

“Ugh” I walked us the couple meters to my door and grabbed my clutch from my dress where I had actually tucked it into my chest so I could hold Matt and my shoes. I fumbled with the keys a few times, cursing under my breath when Matt leaned harder on me. To my surprise I felt the doorknob move from the other side before the door opened to reveal Zayn standing in the same clothes I left him in. I guess he had just gotten back.

“Finally —“ He stopped before he could get another word out, his eyes traveling over me and then Matt. We probably both looked like a rough sight.

“What the hell?” He opened the door wider and went to Matt’s other side. “Is he drunk?”

I groaned in relief as most of the weight was lifted off me. “Yeah” I replied, still holding Matt around the waist and helping Zayn get him in.

“You hair is absolutely ridiculous.” Matt droned to Zayn.

I rolled my eyes, “Matt, stop being a prick.”

“You smell bloody awful, man” Zayn replied as I shut the door behind us.

We walked him over to the couch and Zayn did most of the work in setting him down while I stretched my back out, whimpering at its protests.

“Wild party I’m guessing?” He turned to me and his face immediately was taken over with worry. “Are you okay?” His hand went to my back and I nodded.

“Just sore, don’t worry” I smiled softly.

“Sit down, I’ll get you some coffee or something” He ordered, gently pushing me down towards the couch.

My smile deepened at the simple yet completely adorable gesture. But then Matt interjected and ruined the moment.

“Even you?.. She makes.. always makes me do shit for her too. You know” He stumbled over his words and I sighed.

“Don’t pay attention to him.” I told Zayn.

He was looking down at Matt with an expression I can only identify as royally pissed. His eyebrows were furrowed, almost touching and his eyes were narrowed.

“Nah, asshole that’s the difference, she doesn’t have to ask me to do anything. I just do it.”

My eyebrows raised so high they almost disappeared in my hairline, I think. I did not expect that reply at all, but a part of me.. a big part of me was extremely touched by it.

Matt scoffed but didn’t reply. Zayn turned to me with a questioning look and I sighed, standing up and tilting my head in the direction of the hallway telling him to follow along. He nodded and I nearly jumped when I felt his hand on the small of my back.