Chapter 52: Stuck in reverse...

HIII!! YOU GUYS MAKE ME HAPPY, YOU KNOW THAT? I GOT SUCH GREAT FEEDBACK FROM THE PREVIEW AND YOU GUYS ALL HAD AMAZING PREDICITONS. SOME OF YOU WERE CORRECT! YOU ALL HAD SUCH WILD IDEAS AND YOU ONLY SPROUTED EVEN MORE IN THIS HEAD OF MINE!!! THIS IS WHY I LOVE COMMENTS! AND LOOK WHAT I GIVE YOU IN RETURN... LIKE A MILLION PAGES IN THIS CHAPTER!! OKAY, MAYBE NOT A MILLION, BUT A LOT. IT'S NOT TELLING ME HOW MANY EXACTLY, BUT IT'S HUGE!!

I'M GOING TO BE TAKING EXAMS SO I WON'T UPDATE FOR ANOTHER TWO WEEKS SO I HOPE THIS HOLDS YOU OVER DURING THAT TIME!! BUUUUT YOU KNOW I LVOE THOSE COMMENTS! THEY INSIPIRE ME AND I WRITE LITTLE BY LITTLE WITH EACH BURST OF INSPIRATION. PLEASE DO NOT LET ME GET WRITER'S BLOCK AGAIN. OMG. THE WORST!!

I WANT TO THANK ALL THE AMAZING READERS WHO HELPED ME BREAK THROUGH THAT WALL. YOU'RE ALL SO LOVELY. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. 

SPECIAL THANKIES TO

INFINITEWRITTINGX, WORDSAREFRIENDS, MIKAYLALKLUDT, HANNROSE, INGVILD ELIASSEN, MY MISS LIVYYYY, VERENKIA MP.

LOVELY LOVELY FREAKING LADIES, YOU ARE. 

NOW THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY INTENSE, OKAY? SO HOLD ON TIGHT. AND I REALLY HOPE I WENT IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. (HEH) AAAAND ACTION!

CHARLOTTE POV

 Loud screams wake me up. They’re coming from outside, growing closer and more desperate.

My body is kicked into overdrive as I sit rod straight in bed, turning to Zayn’s fast asleep figure. Grabbing his shoulder, I shake him, repeating his name to pull him back to consciousness. My grip tightens when another shrill scream resounds through the wall. What the hell is happening out there? Glancing at the bedside clock, I’m even more frightened to see that it’s past four in the morning. Nobody should be out there at that time. It’s our own private floor.

“Hmph” He mumbles, eyes still closed.

“Zayn please wake up.” My voice is shaky and desperate, but his eyes finally open staring blankly up at me. “There’s someone outside.”

The last of the sentence is drowned out by another scream and me jumping. It only takes a second for him to bolt up, hair a complete mess and eyes wide.

“How long has this been going on?” He whispers, throwing the covers off himself and crawling over me.

“I woke up moments ago.” I explain.

He sits still, staring into empty space as he listens to the muffled noises. I reach over and grab his thigh, my breathing already rapid as that familiar icy feeling of dread settles in my stomach. It’s how I felt after being thrown into nightmares. And it was the absolute worst.

 “It’s okay” He cooes, hand smoothing back my hair. “There’s security on our floor.”

The scream sounds like it’s just outside the door and I freeze, scooting forward closer to him. With wide eyes I look at him and he only rubs my head again before going to move off the bed.

“What?! Zayn!” I hiss, reaching to pull him back.

He turns back, adjusting his boxers that have slid down, “Shh, it’s okay.” He motions for me to be quiet as he stalks to the door.

There’s no way in hell I’m letting him go alone. Absolutely not. I launch off the bed and rush to him, grabbing his arm in both of mine.

“Charlotte, stay there” He whispers, pointing to the bed and I only shake my head.