Chapter 24: I'm sorry it's taking me so long to figure out what I'm feeling..

HIII LOVELIES!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THOSE VOTES, LIBRARY ADDITIONS, AND COMMENTS!! I LOVE THE COMMENTS!! I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK LONGER TO GET THIS ONE OUT! I HADN'T REALIZED I HAD RUN OUT OF CHAPTERS!! NOW IM WRITING FOR EACH CHATPER INSTEAD OF JUST EDITING AND PUTTING IT UP! SO THAT MEANS IM GOING TO NEED A LOT MORE COMMENTS ADN MOTIVATION!!

THE FULL TITLE: " I'm sorry it's taking me so long to figure out waht I'm feeling.. " From Colbie Caillat's "Feelings Show"

PLEASE ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW!!

CHARLOTTE POV

Once we got home, Zayn immediately went to his bedroom, which I found a bit odd. He didn’t even give me the chance to return his sweatshirt back to him. Maybe he was just really tired. I mean it was like three AM. I sighed and threw my clutch onto an armchair before calling for Matt who had made himself at home, grabbing a drink from the fridge. He emerged into the hallway, bottle in hand and I led him up the stairs. I motioned for him to be quiet as soon as we got to the landing and I tiptoed past the boys’ room which was dead silent. They probably were already asleep. Matt followed behind me and I let him in before shutting the door. I groaned after taking off my shoes and sat on the bed, rubbing the bottom of my feet. I had not planned to stand on the side of the road for half an hour when I slipped these on earlier.

“You alright?” Matt asked while taking off his blazer and throwing it on my desk.

I nodded with a cringe, “Yeah, just achy. I think I have one of Harry’s shirt somewhere around here, do you want it for tonight?” I asked, scanning the room.

He shook his head, “nah, I’ll just sleep in my boxers. Thanks though.”

I shrugged and headed over to my chest to pull out some pajamas. I settled on a shirt Niall had left behind last time he was over and a pair of shorts. I think I wear the boys’ clothes to sleep more than I wear my own. It’s just so comfy though. I headed towards the bathroom to change and Matt sighed, stopping me.

“You know, you can change here.”

“I know” I replied, “But I just.. I don’t want you to see… it.” I muttered.

Matt rolled his eyes, “Honestly, it can’t be that bad.”

I shrugged, “Well it is, trust me. I’m sparing you.” I tried to joke before going into the bathroom.

Ever since that day I refused to let anyone see it, besides Ella, mum, and Harry of course. I felt guilty that I hid it from Matt, but I think subconsciously after what he did I was afraid of showing it to him, disgust him, and make him wary like he used to be. I knew it shouldn’t be that way. And that if I thought that way at all of Matt then that shows more about him, but that’s just the way it was.

After washing off my makeup and putting my hair up, I walked out to find Matt sat up against the headboard with the covers up to his belly button. He was using my laptop and hardly paying attention to me as I walked around and prepared for bed.

“During work?” I questioned as I slid in beside him.

“Hm?” He looked up at me. “Oh, yeah. Just looking through some emails.”

“Alright, well I’m just gonna shut the light. You alright with that?”

He nodded, eyes still fixed on the screen and I leaned over to turn the lamp off. After, I snuggled into the sheets and let sleep take over me.

My breathing was growing shallow as I lay pressed against the hardwood floor. I could hear my heart beating in my ears, a throbbing that wouldn’t stop. Everything in my vision was spinning and fogging as if I was going in and out of consciousness. But I wasn’t. I was fully awake. I could hear them walking around me. Hear little parts of their conversation deciding what was next in their plan. A tried to lift my head, but I just couldn’t. I moved my legs, but it was as if a dead weight was pushed on top of them, planting me to the floor. I warm stickiness was developing around me, my bare arms and legs feeling the liquid pool beneath me. I wanted to scream, I wanted to do anything but just lay here. I wanted my mum. I wanted Harry. Ella. Matt. Anyone to come and save me. I could feel footsteps.. more footsteps until a weight was right beside me. Everything was silent again before I felt the heart wrenching sound of the second gunshot of the night.