Chapter 6: My Dilemma

“Ah, lovely day” Ella sighed as she left the bathroom, wiping her face with a towel.

We had been home for a few minutes and she wasted no time in stripping off her dress and washing off her makeup all the while still in just her panties and bra. I had only managed the first and was in a singlet, not bothering with any bottoms since A) it took too much effort and bending to get them on and B) Who cares, it was just Ella. She groaned dramatically as she climbed into the bed beside my sprawled body and shook her bun out letting her curls flow over the both of us.

“Keep that mane tamed, woman.” I groaned, flinching as it got near my eyes and pushing it over to her side.

“As if yours is any better?” She laughed and piled her hair over her head. “God, I’m so tired. And it’s only seven!”

“Ughhh” I groaned loudly and covered my eyes with my forearm. I had told Matt to pick me up at seven, and canceling was out of the question. I’ve already canceled two other plans this week.

I made slew of strange noises as I pulled myself up and padded cross the carpet to get to my overnight bag.

“Heading out with Matilda?” Ella muttered from where her face was now pressed into the bed.

“Yup. He’s supposed to be coming by soon.” I pulled on a pair of sweats and tide my hair up in a high bun directly atop my head, not caring that I looked absolutely ridiculous.

Once I was sure all my stuff was gathered together I sat back on the bed and began playing with Ella’s hair, thinking back on today. It really couldn’t have gone any more perfectly. Mum was beyond happy and Robin managed to keep it a surprise from her. I couldn’t wait to tell Harry all about it, I’m sure he’ll be calling sometime tonight. He was in the middle of another sound check today probably about now and then had a signing as well. I hadn’t talked to him all week but he and the other boys would randomly text me.

A loud distant beep made me jump in my spot and I got off the bed and rush to the window, my feet protesting with each step. I could see the black pickup outside and headed to the vanity to get my bag. Ella had long fallen asleep but I called out my goodbye anyway before leaving.

“Hello” I greeted with a smile to Matt who was leaned against the massive vehicle.

“Hey there” He pushed himself off and took my bag before lifting me and helping me into the passenger seat.

I heard the thump of my bag being thrown in the bed before he was sliding into his seat. He gazed at me and laughed before reversing out of the driveway.

“You look comfortable.”

I mock glared. “Oh I know. It’s liberating, actually.”

“hm” He shook his head, “Well there go my plans for taking you out to The Ivy”

I sighed and turned to face him. “Ugh, I’m sorry babe. I can change back into the dress at your place”

He scoffed, “You sound so convincing.”

I laughed and leaned against the seat, “I’m just so tired. I was kind of hoping for a quiet night in.”

He looked at me with a lifted eyebrow. “Yeah?”

I backtracked and shook my head, “Not like that..”

“Oh.” He turned back to face the road and I could see his jaw clenching and unclenching.

“Are you surprised? We’ve talked about this.” I grabbed his free hand and entwined out fingers.

“No” He sighed, “Not surprised. Just hopeful I guess”