Chapter 32: You Should Let Me Love You..

SEE HOW I KEEP MY PROMISES TO YOU GUYS? I SERIOUSLY DID EVERYTHING I COULD TO GET THIS CHAPTER OUT TO YOU. I LITERALLY GOT HOME FROM UNIVERSITY AND LOCKED MYSELF IN MY ROOM TO FINISH IT UP. THIS CHAPTER IS SO DEAR TO MY HEART AND I HOPE IT HAS THE SAME EFFECT ON YOU. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF IT. IT REALLY MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR THE MESSAGES AND THE COMMENTS. LOVE YOU FOREVER AND ALWAYS

OH AND YOU KNOW THE DRILL! THIRTY COMMENTS!!!  30 30 30 30!!!

CHARLOTTE POV

As I pulled up into the driveway, I saw a lurking figure at the side of the house making my blood run cold. Oh God, who could possibly be outside our house at midnight? My hands clung to the steering wheel tightly, knuckles turning white as I tried to even out my breathing. With a shaking hand, I reached for my mobile, my eyes keeping track of the body that was staring up at one of the windows. As I was about to dial Harry’s number, the sensor lights illuminated the entire side of the house and the body froze in shock. My breathing hitched when the body turned around and I almost wanted to kill him when I saw Matt’s stunned face. Seriously, did he not ever hear of doors? I turned off my engine and did my best to hop out of the car without causing my already sore body more damage.

“Charlotte?” his voice hissed through the darkness and I shook my head at his ridiculousness. “Charlotte, is that you?” He said it louder and I snapped around to him.

“SHH! My family is sleeping, idiot.”

“I missed you, how was London?” He ignored my comment and came at me with open arms.

I held my hand out to stop him, taking a step back; he looked at me in confusion and continued to move forward anyway but I repeated the gesture. “What’s the matter?”

I frowned and shook my head at his cluelessness, going around the Jeep to get my bag from the passenger side. Using the car for support as I walked, I hissed as my back protested to each movement.

“Are you alright?” He followed behind me and I ignored him.

When I pulled out my bag I cried out when it fell out of my hands and he was quick to retrieve it, putting it over his shoulder.

“What’s the matter, Charlotte?”

I looked up at him, leaning on the car and crossing my arm over my chest. “You think you can just ignore my existence while I was away and then just reappear like nothing is wrong?”

He looked taken aback, opening and closing his mouth to explain. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him, however he pulled me back.

“I’ve been so swamped with all the work at the firm, babe.” He sighed, looking down at me with those damn eyes. “And I thought you were having a good time in London with those guys so I didn’t think you would want me interrupting it all.”

So I guess I was right by giving him the benefit of the doubt; he was busy and he did want to give me my space with the guys. I felt guilty for giving him a hard time and moved forward, wrapping my arms around his waist.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too, sweetie.” He mumbled into my hair. “You’re all sweaty, though.”

I rolled my eyes at his girlyness and constant aversion to my sweat. Weren’t boys supposed to me immune to stuff like that; you know, taking into account that they’re messier and usually smellier?

“Where were you anyway?” He questioned, but I wasn’t paying attention to his words anymore.

I was paying attention to the over powering sweet smell of his button up that my face was currently pressed into. It wasn’t his usual musk cologne, if he decided to even wear cologne. It was light, fruity, with a hint of coconut. This wasn’t cologne, nor was it fabric softener. This was perfume.