Chapter 16: You only call me after you've had a few

Hello! New Chapter out! Please please pleaaaaaase you guys, Vote and message/ comment me!!! It gives me so much inspiration!! I have so many idea for this story and would love to hear feedback!

REMEMBER Charlotte came home with a drunk Matt who was a compelte dick and Zayn hit him? Well this is Zayn's point of view looking back at the night. 

ZAYN POV

I sighed at having finally a chance to wind down after such a.. strange and eventful day. My date with Geneva was anything but great. She had told me to meet her at a club called Astoria and failed to mention that three of her girlfriends would be there as well. So instead of having to babysit my own girlfriend, I had to babysit three other versions of her. Geneva had always been a handful when alcohol was involved, but with her friends there it seemed like each shot of tequila was equivalent to three. By the end of the night I was holding my girlfriend on one arm and cradling her best friend Nicola on the other while the other two stumbled in front of me. And to make it better, I caught two paps right outside the club catching me in that moment of glory. After I took all of them home, I brought Geneva back, helped her clean up and get changed before she started puking everywhere. Her aunt was lovely enough to offer to clean it so I didn’t have to worry about that. I left her house and hour later after she passed out in the loo and carried her to bed. I already knew I would be getting a whining call in the morning complaining about the massive hangover she had.

And then there was the whole Matt issue. When I answered the door I was surprised to see the two of them in such a state. Charlie was in complete disarray, barely able to stand straight with Matt hanging all over her. He was nearly unconscious mumbling like a baboon. And when I saw her limping minutes after I left him on the couch I wanted to rip out each one of his hairs and then knock him out. Honestly what kind of man leans on and crushes his girl like that? Especially one with a spine issue. Dumbass.

While she had gone off to shower I had to deal with him getting sick all over himself and then undress him which was another level of awkward; mainly because I couldn’t stand him and the only other guy I had to do that to was Niall when he had a bit too much fun at our single launch party.

And then making Charlie’s compress was a whole other issue. I kept flipping messing up and for some reason I really didn’t want to disappoint her and make her think she couldn’t count on me. It was an unexplainable feeling, but I wanted to prove to her that she can need me. Because a big part of me believed that Matt didn’t give her that.

Charlie was finished with her shower after about half an hour and came directly to the kitchen I couldn’t help but admit to myself how adorable she looked in her pajamas. For the past few days she always managed to look even better when going to bed than she did during the day. Which I thought was impossible, but clearly not. There was never a doubt that Charlie was beautiful. She was basically the girl version of Harry and we all knew how well he did with the girls. I would imagine it’s the same with the boys for her. But unlike Harry, I don’t think she knew it. Or if she did, she didn’t seem to pay it any mind.

After I sent her off to the living room I finally managed to finish up her compress and thus begins the worst part of the night.

 Or best, considering how you look at it. Before I made it into the living room I could hear Matt’s loud groggy and stumbling voice. I thought he had passed out a while ago but apparently not. I could hardly hear Charlie but I knew she was talking because he was responding. The more he spoke, the angrier I got. I was gripping the edge of the wall tightly, my knuckles nearly white against my normally tan skin when I heard him offend her, using all the hurtful spots to attack her. That’s when I heard her yell at him before he emotionlessly pointed out that she was crying. The asshole didn’t even do a thing about it! He just remained where he was as his girlfriend was crying at something he said. Fucking prick.