Telling Jack

..I couldn't believe it. How was this even possible? I knew that birth control wasn't 100% safe, but what I used was the most safe birth control to be used. I had always been so careful with protection, and now this happens? It felt so unfair. 

Charlotte gave a hug and said:

"I think you should go upstairs and tell Jack." 

She was right. I needed to talk him. He had no idea about any of this. I don't think this had crossed his mind either. But now I knew what it was.

"Thank you!" I said to Charlotte.

"I'm always here." She said and smiled at me.

I left Charlotte and went upstairs. I was still shaking and my heart started pounding faster. I stopped at the top of the stairs. Jack came out of his room, I sat down on the floor and bursted into tears. He came right to me.

"What's wrong? Did you find out about anything?" He looked scared.

I looked up at him and opened my mouth. No words came out. 

"Come on, let's go into my room." he said.

He helped me get up and we got inside the room. He sat down on the bed and I sat down between his legs. 

"I found out what it was." I said.

He didn't say anything.

"I'm pregnant.." I told him. 

"What? Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I took a test and it said positive." I was still crying.

"Do you want to talk about it now, like, about what we wanna do about it?" He asked.

"I'm so tired of this. It's just so unfair." He wiped a tear off my face.

"Hey.." He looked me right in the eyes. "We're gonna figure this out." His voice was so calm. I nodded at him. He took my hands, kissed them and gave me a hug. I made his hoodie all wet with my tears. 

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It's fine." He kissed me on the head.

Ace got in the bed with us and we all laid down. Jack stroked my cheek before Ace came on top of me licking the tears off my face. 

"Yes, I love you too Ace, but can you give me a little less love, please." I said to him. Jack laughed. I laughed.

---

We were laying in bed for a little while, just taking in all of it. Ace was laying between us. We were both stroking him, looking at each other. He always calmed me down in these stressful situations. 

"Should we talk about it?" He asked.

I nodded. "We haven't been together for long and I didn't think that we'd be talking about kids this fast." It felt so weird. "And, I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for this. Not at all." I told him.

"Giving the reaction, that's what I thought. And, I mean, I'm not ready for this either, but what I want most of all, is for you to be happy, and for you to be in control over your body again, the way you want." His eyes were watering.

"So, we're basically saying the same thing then?" I asked. He nodded.