Ace

..It was a picture of Ace. He was such a beautiful dog. But why did he put the picture there? I was confused. Did he mean something about it?

Jack's pov:

I got on the plane and I was thinking that Y/N might be a bit confused now. Like, I told her we will see each other soon and put a picture of Ace in her pocket. I hoped she would understand at least some of it. I wanted her trip to be a surprise, but I think she already knew I had something planned.

Y/N's pov:

On the back of the picture there was a heart Jack had drawn. He was so cute. I still felt a bit confused, but I felt like he was already planning something, I just didn't know what yet. I sent him a text back:

Y/N: 💛

---

I went back home to my roommate Andrine. I hadn't told her anything of what that had happened. All she knew was that I was working and that I didn't come home last night. She wasn't that type of person who asked a lot. That's something I really liked about her, she was minding her own business, and if I had something to tell her she always listened, and she was a really good listener. She really cared. 

I opened the door to our apartment, took off my shoes and saw Andrine sitting on her computer. 

"Hey." I said and smiled at her. 

She turned her head "Oh, hey." and turned back.

"I'm just writing something for school. I'm done soon. You hungry?" She asked me.

"Yeah, haven't been eating a lot today. Definitely hungry." I answered.

"I can make us some pasta." She said. She was so nice. We usually made food together, but she probably understood I was tired from work, and by the fact that I didn't come home last night. I gave her a hug.

"I love you!" I said. I could feel her smiling.

---

Andrine had made us some pasta, and it was so delicious. 

"Oh my god, this is so good!" I said to her. It started to get late. The time was almost 11.30 pm and I was tired, but I really wanted to tell Andrine about Jack. Even though she didn't ask, she probably knew something had happened. 

"Um, I have something to tell you." I said while putting a big fork of pasta in my mouth.

"What is it?" She asked.

"You know how I've been working all weekend? And like, me not coming home last night?"

"Yeah?" She answered. 

"I met this guy, and uh.. we're kind of dating." I said, and I could see the excitement in her eyes.

I told her everything about Jack, who he was, what he was working with, all about me and him, I mean, not everything, but almost. And of course I told her about Ace. I showed her the picture he gave me, and told her what he said about us seeing each other soon. 

"He is definitely planning something." She said. 

Jack's pov:

I was sitting on the plane thinking about Y/N. I really missed her and I couldn't wait to text Andrine telling about my plan. They'd probably talked by now and I didn't want them to talk so much that they'd figure out my plan. I was gonna text her as soon as I landed.

Y/N's pov:

Andrine and I talked for a while and it felt really good. She was so good talking to. 

"I'm gonna go to bed now." I said to her.

"Okey, good night, see you tomorrow." She said and gave me a kiss through the air.

---

I woke up late. Didn't have any school or work and it made me so relaxed. I needed it. I checked my phone and saw a snap from Jack..