Telling my sister

I woke up with the sun warming my face. Jack was still asleep and I didn't want to wake him. He didn't sleep as much on the plane as I did so I figured he needed some more sleep. I tried to be as quiet as possible getting out of bed. I wasn't wearing much after last night, so I got dressed before getting out of the room. 

My parents and my sister were all sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Oh, hi. Good morning." my dad said.

"Good morning." I said back. 

"We didn't want to wake you two, figured you might needed some rest." my mom said. "Do you want some breakfast?" she added.

I could see that my mom and dad were almost done eating and that my sister had just started to eat. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll have some cereal." I said and found myself a bowl. My dad was reading the papers and I was just hoping they would go into the living room so that I could be alone with my sister. I had to tell her about the real reason Jack and I were here.

I started eating my cereal and looked at my sister. She was eating toast. She loved toast. My dad had almost finished his paper and my mom was cleaning the counter.

"That's it. I'm gonna go see what's on the tv." my dad said, and my mom followed him. 

"So, um.. you know how mom and dad are leaving in a couple of days?" My sister said. They were leaving for a wedding. One of my mom's friends were getting married and they weren't coming home in a few days. For me it was perfect that they were leaving, cause I didn't want them to be here while I was having my abortion. I had already talked with the hospital and made an appointment in four days.

"Yeah?" I said.

She took a big bite of her toast before she continued. "I invited my girlfriend over, and I was hoping that was fine with you? I thought it be nice for the four of us to hang out, get to know each other and maybe go on a double date or something?" She said.

My sister and her girlfriend had been together for almost 2 years and I really liked hanging with them both, I just didn't know if that's what I wanted right now. "You know I love hanging with you guys.. Um, but I don't know.. There is something I need to talk to you about first." I said.

She took another bite of her toast. "What is it?" 

I told her everything that had happened the last few days, and that the reason we were really here, was because I was having an abortion. My sister and I had always been best friends and I told her everything, always. She knew how I felt about my body, and she understood how hard this was for me. 

"I can tell Amy (her girlfriend) that this isn't a good time." she said.

"No, no, she can come. I mean, I would love to see her again, it's okey." I didn't lie, I would love to see her again, but I also understood that maybe it wasn't such a good time.

"No, seriously, I don't want to have her around when you're going through this, but I can tell her she can come over the day before, if that's okey with you." she said. I loved my sister, she really cared and she always supported me.

"Yeah, that's fine." I said and smiled at her.

"Good morning." I could hear Jack in the living room. The kitchen door opened and Jack came in. He looked at me and my sister before he sat down next to me. He kissed me on the cheek.

"Hi." i said to him and smiled. "Do you wanna eat the last of my cereal?" I asked him. I felt a little sick so I didn't want anymore of it.

"Sure." He said and grabbed the spoon.

"did you sleep well?" My sister asked.

"Yeah, slept really well. The bed was so good." He said.

I told him about how I had just talked with my sister and that her girlfriend was coming in a few days. 

"That'll be nice, would love to meet her." He said as he held up the spoon.