{4} Do I Have To Do Everything Myself?

Okay I gotta step up my game, thanks to the people who commented and such, I appreciate it :)

Pic on the side is Kyle Morrigan the over-protective police brother.

Read on

***

Leaving a duplicate to go to school for me was the best decision I'd ever made.

Kyle and Lise were at their respective jobs so there was no one around to make me go to school, or try and fool them into thinking I was sick because that never worked let's be honest. So when my alarm went off, I made a duplicate go to school for me, curled back up in a blanket, and caught up on some much-needed shut eye.

I wanted to stop time so I'd be able to sleep more, but I decided against it because it'd be a waste of more energy. 

I'd kept doing that more and more often. With school and stress getting to me, the ability to stop time came in handy. And also I was out until one o'clock last night, didn't get to sleep until two -so I needed a little more sleep than I actually got. 

When I woke up again it was eleven-thirty in the morning, and I took my time getting dressed. Choosing simple jeans, converses and a t-shirt, I had a shower and then made myself some bacon and eggs. After eating, I decided to drive to Centro and go shopping, because 1; I needed a Halloween costume and 2; I liked shopping? I'm allowed to like girly things. 

Though I didn't know how people go shopping to relax, that I just didn't understand.

I was deciding to go as a fairy to the Halloween party, because I like fairies and it would be more practical than a mermaid. And also I liked changing my form to someone a bit younger so I could pull off trick or treating. Means you get heaps more lollies. 

Hey, theifs don't descriminate. And it's not stealing if they give it to you.

I found this dress that had thin wings attached to the back -angled down so they wouldn't get in the way- and I tried it on and it looked so cool I just had to get it. If I changed my hair to a nice green with a bit of gold then viola I had a cool costume. Easy as pie. 

Then I just sort of looked around the shops for a bit, bought a new pair of jeans and a few cool t-shirts, had lunch then went home. 

Seemed like a normal day right?

But honey, the day was just getting started. 

***

I was driving back home, deciding that I rather liked it because I could feel slightly normal if I wanted to, even if I loved having powers and stealing everything, I could be as mundane as I wanted when I wanted. 

I glanced at my watch, and decided to check in on Dad. Lise would understand me needing to see him, might not even comment on the fact that I skipped school. As far as she knows I left at lunchtime. 

I walked into his room and leant against the doorframe. 

Kyle and Lise didn't know this, but I'd been funneling a lot of my legal-job earnings into Dad's treatment. My siblings might've worked, but they don't have half as much money as I did. And they were both usually too busy to pay the bills and such, so that task fell to me most of the time. 

And, they might have thought that their money paid the bills.

But it was me. From water to electricity, I paid the normal house bills because -as students- I know that money's tight for them. And it made life so much easier if they don't know. And with Dad's bills on top it's just the icing on the cake really.