{16} 'Cause A Living Nightmare Isn't Enough

Picture on the side - I mean up- is Commander Colossus (felt the group was lacking in men? Oh well) Please comment? Seems like the story is gaining speed right? 

Also forgot to say last chapter -I'm half way through holidays now! And only just starting to update (I'm such a shit-head) but oh well, year 12 leaves you with such homework I swear to god. 

OH MY GOD CHECK OUT THE NEW SETTINGS THIS IS ACTUALLY THE COOLEST-

Read on

***

The next morning was awkward to say the least.

Having a new addition to the group was good, but the fact that it came in the form of Stacey -the personification of a moral-compass- complicated the dynamic a bit.

Annalise left before she got the chance to talk to me alone, she said that she needed to get home before Kyle called. However I gave her the number to the phone that Will/Spectre had given me before all of this happened. It was untraceable so she'd be able to call and hopefully arrange a meet, which would be a bonus.

Sitting around the table, bruised and battered but still very much functional enough to eat, not talking but wondering who would be the one to start the conversation.

Why don't you get the ball rolling? Will suggested in my head, looking at me quizzically.

All I did in reply was glare at him, I was the one to save his life and get Stacey here in the first place, I shouldn't be the one to talk to her.

I didn't want to talk to her. She was one of the people who cursed my name and tried to stop my plans at every turn, even before all of this had started. She swore to track me down, sue me if I didn't quite trust her yet.

"So ... what now?" Bo started just as Will opened his mouth.

"I was just about to say —we need to move on to Commander Colossus, we have Stacey here now it won't take much to convince him." Will pushed his plate away, picking up the mug of coffee.

Stacey looked down at her vegetarian —why didn't it surprise me that she didn't eat meat?- omelette, "I can get Eli to meet us somewhere secluded. But I gotta tell you he's got a bit of a short fuse so you have to try harder to get his attention."

I rolled my eyes, "That's why you're coming with us."

She looked into my eyes for the first time since we'd sat at his table, "What?"

"You're going to come with us and convince the Commander to be on our side."

"But-"

"No buts! You believe us right? You think we're doing the right thing?" I demanded, pushing away my food.

She was quiet but gave a reluctant nod.

"Is it so hard for you to believe that I might actually be capable of doing good?" I murmured.

She gave me a pointed look, "I think you're only doing good because it directly involved who you are. If your identity hadn't been exposed, you wouldn't be here."

I smirked in reply, knowing she was trying to insult me, "We'll see about that."

***

"So his name's Eli?" Will was sitting in the passenger seat but facing Bo and Stacey in the back. 

"Yes, Eli Johnson. He works as an I.T. guy for Momentum Energy." Stacey was looking out the window, looking like she sincerely regretted getting into the car. Especially with me driving, who knows what kind of shenanigans the Villain could pull with two Heroes and a civilian in the backseat.