{19} A Lady Never Tells

ALL RIGHT CHILDREN IMPORTANT NOTICE

This is a smut warning. I know I have said this before but legit if smut makes you uncomfortable, you might as well skip the few bits after she says 'for godsakes'. Because a bit after it is PG rated so please take this to heart.

Phew now that all the serious stuff is done with, let's get on with the good shit, huh? Told ya I loved writing smut too much.

READ ON!

***

"Well." He crossed his arms, "Talk then."

I put on the 'what the fuck' face, narrowing my eyes, "Well..." I couldn't actually get the words out, "That is to say-"

"Red, you wanted to talk. Spit it out."

"GOD WILL WHY DO YOU ALWAYS DO THIS?! JUST CUT IT OUT!"

"You're the one that woke me up, and now you won't actually say anything?" The smug son-of-a-bitch, damn it why did I ever let myself fall in love with this guy? We do nothing but argue... and sometimes make out.

But... I had something to say.

I was going to get it out.

 At this point, I'd had enough of dodging around the topic. I knew the reason he'd started all this, and now it was time to face it instead of skirting around it. I'd lost someone too; we'd both been through the same awful tragedy, yet he was the one skulking about it like a winey child.

I was hurt.

I was at my wits end.

Throwing my bag onto the couch, "I can't take much more of this-" I threw my hands up in the air, out of pure frustration. Although I don't know why I was so frustrated, was it directed at him? At myself? At the entire fucking world?

He was walking around the edge of the room to the kitchen, just as annoyed as me, "Well that's awesome, because as soon as this is over then we never need to speak again." Will, always the compromiser-problem-solver, crosses his arms. Standing behind the couch.

"Good! It's not as if you're adult enough to talk about what's really going through your brain anyway!" My glare intensifies as I put my hands on my hips, about to demand answers.

He takes a shocked step back, his arms uncrossing, "Wait... what?"

"I know about what happened to your sister! Lise told me," I took a step forward, arms leaving my hips and my heated glare still firmly in place, but my voice gave away how genuinely worried I actually was. I couldn't stop the words as they flew out of my mouth, "and I know that you became a Hero out of revenge, true and simple."

His hands run through his hair, a vein in his neck twitching. "How did Annalise even-"

"She's a nurse, your sister was one of the first jobs that Lise was trusted enough to do by herself... Let me in, let me talk to you, screw this, I can't help if you're always pushing me away!" My mouth twisted in annoyance, but not at him really, maybe just at his stubbornness.

His eyes snapped up to me, and he was around the couch and by my side in an instant -almost as if he could teleport- gripping my shoulders tight but not hard enough to bruise, "This coming from you? The person who had more heart, more backbone, but is more closed-off than anyone else I ever met!"

This? Coming from him? That's rich.

He tore his hands off me, as if my skin had burned him, "Ever since I met you I have lost the only thing I had left, and that was the good I'd done in my sister's name. You took my values away; I've stolen, injured innocent people, cheated, lied -all because of you."