{26} More Questions

Okay so I'm a lazy bitch. Sue me. Can we move on from this?

Read on

***

We appeared in Bo's backyard.

Immediately I ran one way, and Kyle ran the other. As we both emptied the contents of our stomaches into the rose-bushes (painting them with something other than paint) the group divided and each took one of us.

Will ran to my side, along with Bo, holding my hair and stroking soothing circles into my back.

"Just a reaction to mass-teleportation. Nothing to w-" I cut off, retching again.

Stacey and Eli were with Kyle, standing behind him awkwardly, I stood up when I was sure I could hold in my lunch and walked over to Kyle. 

He was so out of it, he didn't even realise that it was me who helped him inside. 

When I dumped him unceremoniously on the couch, he stared at the sealing, an idle grin on his face and his eyes unfocused. 

"So... what now?" Will asked, standing beside me. 

I held up a finger, running to the sink in the kitchen and emptying the rest of my dinner into it. Odd. never used to have these kind of reactions, stress maybe? Or it could just be that I haven't really teleported any more than two people before. Myself included.

Could be it. 

You alright? Will's voice echoed in my head, sounding more worried than he did before. 

All fine Speccy, not to fret. I replied, rinsing the sink and my mouth out before putting my hands on the counter, watching everyone in the other room. 

 "What is wrong with him?" Eli was right next to Kyle, an odd expression on his face as he watched him gaze blankly at the ceiling. 

"That is not how he usually acts is it?" Franklin commented from his spot at the dining-table, drinking the wine I'd gotten, "Is he retarded?" 

That time the taste in my mouth was from anger, rather than vomit. 

"Do you want me to knee you again?" Bo said, snatching the bottle off the table and taking a hefty sip before passing it over the counter to me.

I gratefully accepted it, finishing off the contents of it before placing it back on the bench, then walking over to Kyle. 

"We're going to have to call-" Lise

Fuck. I'd completely forgotten for a second that she'd been kidnapped too. 

What had she said? Don't trust- who? Who was she going to say? 

Mum? The Heroes? ... Will? It was easy to figure out who not to trust, it's who I was trusting that was the problem. 

"I'll get him into the guest bedroom." Will said, touching my hand on the way to pick Kyle up from the couch, "Everyone else get to sleep, we have a huge couple of days ahead."

***

I was nearly asleep, collapsed on the bed with my head to the ceiling. Wondering if sleeping was worth the nightmares that would follow. Even if there were two supers in the building, sleeping next to each other, there would be the inevitable nightmare.

Question was, who would be the startled awake, and needing to comfort the other?

The door clicked open, and Will walked in kicking his shoes off and taking his jacket off. He ran a hand down his face once he got to his clothes, grabbing a pair of trackies.

"How's Kyle?" Lifting my head off the pillow, I turned to watch him disappear into the bathroom.

"Out of it," He replied, leaning on the door-frame after getting changed, "He still won't snap out of that drug-haze. It's either a really bad trip, or something far worse."

I felt my shoulders slump in defeat, and I let my head fall back on the pillow, the weight of it almost too much to bare. Sometimes, it was easier just being the villain. Not having to worry about any of this stuff was a gift, one that I hadn't appreciated until now. 

"Are you sure you're okay? You had a pretty bad reaction to the-"

"I'm fine, Speccy- don't be such a worry-wort. I'm sure it was just the result of bad food and mass-teleportation. Maybe my powers haven't fully recovered after that grudge-match with Eira."

He turned to study my face, "I'm serious. It seemed ... out of character."

Staying silent, and just staring at the ceiling. 

I hadn't read into it as much as he had. I was happy to roll with whatever came my way. That included stomach-heaving retching into the garden-bed when the need overcame me. 

"All I'm saying is -supers tend to know their limits very well. And you've handled mass-teleportation before right?"

"No. I haven't. Who would I have teleported?" I snapped back, defensive because I felt like I was being interrogated.

He stayed silent for a second, then walked across the room to sit next to me on the bed. I made room, but all he did was look at my face for a moment, then reach up to brush some escaped strands of hair away, "Please don't be frustrated, Red ... I'm just making sure you're alright."

I let out a breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding, "It's okay Speccy. I know you are," I offered him a genuine smile, "And I love you for that."

The grin I was rewarded with was enough to make me feel less annoyed, and more content with where I was at that moment.

Then he changed the subject, to one we'd been avoiding since we returned from the mission, "It was almost too easy, going in and getting him back." Will said, running a hand over his eyes again before collapsing onto the bed next to me.

"You're right ..." I murmured, running my hand through his hair, "Like they were expecting it."

"Even the duplicates though? You would think they wouldn't see that coming."

"I don't know ... the whole thing's fucked." Stretching and then curling into his arms, I was finally able to let myself relax, "We'll figure it out in the morning. We won't be able to do anything if we're exhausted." Grinning, I craned my neck up to kiss under his jaw.

"But I'm not tired yet," He complained, I could hear the laughter in his voice.

"Poor Superman, I'm sure I could think of something to do to tire you out..." Smirking, I trailed my hand down his arm and back up again, then let my mouth follow up his jaw to his mouth.

With a grin, he flipped over so he was on top of me, and responded in kind.

Eyes hooded and gaze dark, he leant closer, trailing lips from jaw to ear in feather-light, shiver inducing kisses. Eventually breathing into my ear, "Red, when we're done it'll be you that's tired."