{3} Duty Calls With A Mobile Phone

COMMENT PLS

Picture on the side is Spectre, I finally found someone that fits the mental image that I have in my head? The guy I had before was good but not quite who I pictured.

READ ON

***

There was something that he wasn't telling me. My bullshit meter was going haywire the whole time I muddled over what Spectre had said.

Back home, munching on a bowl of Cheetos, I was on the phone with Bo; one of the rare friends I made when I was being Wren Morrigan rather than Red Spirit.

There was kind of a history between Bo and Lise –my sister- they used to date and when they broke up -I think it was a mutual thing- Bo and I kept in touch. She's a year older than me, she graduated from the same high school I went to, and went to a local University, we seemed to talk a lot.

"What've you been up to lately? Feeling the pressure of school yet?" I could hear a rustling in the background of the line.

Speaking around a mouthful of Cheetos, "Ha, very funny Bo. You start feeling the pressure two years before you finish, that ship has sailed."

"Know which Uni you're going to?"

"To be honest-" Looking around to see if Kyle was around –he was kind of a Nazi when it came to education, he got that from mum- I lowered my voice, "I don't really want to go to Uni ..."

"Really? What's your plan then?" That's what I liked about Bo; she was chill and would go along with things as long as they seemed reasonable in her view, which was fair enough.

"I think I want to travel, go around the world pick up some experiences –earn money when I can- and then settle in a place where I can settle in for a real job." This was the truth actually, I'd always wanted to do something with my collection of money that I'd accumulated since I became the Red Spirit. Traveling seemed to be the thing for me, and if I came across some valuables then that is a lovely bonus.

"That sounds so cool! It would fit you really well actually. Okay, when you travel, where are you gonna go first?"

"Probably road trip around Europe."

And that is how I spent the next two hours before Lise came home and I had to hang up because Bo didn't feel like talking to her, fair enough man, if I had an ex girlfriend I wouldn't want to talk to her either.

"Hey Wren, Kyle come home yet?"

"No he's still at the station." Turning it onto her favorite reality TV show, I got off the couch and put my plate in the kitchen, "How was Dad?"

"Still pretty lucid for now, but my instincts tell me that he's getting worse." Lise had been studying for a doctors degree since she left high school, she interned as a nurse in the local hospital as part of her training. Coincidently the same hospital that our Dad stayed in for his treatment.

"Your instincts tell you anything else?" I might've been joking, but I was pretty sure she had a mild superpower. She could always tell when someone's sick, and what to do to help them.

I guessed doctor was a wise career choice for her.

With Kyle at the station, I seemed to have older siblings that want to save the world from their mundane corners of the city.

I smiled to myself as she replied, "not really, Mrs. Williams is getting better, we'll have our neighbor back soon enough."

"That's great, I missed her cookies."