63

1957 - Milo Greene 

"Would it be much better if I knew nothing about you?"

ISABELLA 

We were laughing. The sound filtered throughout the apartment. His light hearted laugh taking over my own. I laid across the couch with my feet laid across his lap. Ty's thumb traced over the skin of my ankle absentmindedly as we sat in contentment. I had forgotten what it felt like to be with him. How he made me feel comfortable and at ease. There was this air about Ty that I couldn't describe. He had this ability to take me out of my bothersome situations. 

We continue to sit together in an easy silence. My head resting on a pillow with my arm tucked underneath. I watched him as he looked around the apartment. Taking in his new surroundings. It was almost surreal that he was here with me. The timing was impeccable and almost unbelievable. I needed his advice and guidance. I needed him to calm me down the way he knew best, and open my eyes to another side of my situation I may have been too stubborn (or blinded) to see. 

Ty always had a way of doing that back home. Whenever I'd get into a disagreement with my parents, he helped me see their side of the problem. With school and the stress that came with it, he helped me calm down. De-stress. Granted, he'd use his body for that. That that I'd complain. 

"You've got quite the place here Iz." He comments. His eyes still roaming over the living room as he talks to me. "Jaz treating you well?" 

He shifts his body on the couch so that he faces me. With one swift motion, he pulls my legs towards him. His arm bringing me into his side. My body now curled up against him. A position that we often found ourselves falling into back home whenever we'd get into conversation. 

"She is." I smile at the mention of my bubbly roommate. "I'm glad you introduced us. I don't think I'd been able to survive the first few months of London if I was on my own. It honestly helped the transition a lot. Thank you." I run my fingers through his hair casually. His thick dark hair not feeling the same against my fingers like Harry's do. 

"That's good." He smiles at me softly. I can feel his thumb rub against my arm, while I lay my head against him. "Now tell me. How's that guy of yours?" 

"He's fine." I answer quickly. I bite the inside of my cheek. The beat of my heart accelerating. 

"Will I get to meet the infamous boyfriend anytime soon?" 

"Probably not." Shaking my head, my shoulders grow tense, I quickly answer him. "He's been really busy with work."  I lie. I knew that Harry wasn't busy with work. But I didn't want to tell Ty the truth. That we were currently in the biggest fight in our relationship. 

Ty gives me a skeptical look. He knew me too well to know when I was lying. I had this nervous twitch in my left eye whenever I tried to lie. Something that I had struggled with since childhood. My mother always knew when I had snuck behind her back, take cookies from the maid, and eat them before dinner. She'd confront me. Cookie crumbs scattered over my expensive dress, guilt written all over my face. I'd try my best to hide my disobedience but she'd catch me. All because of my nervous twitch. 

I look away from him. Shutting my eyes in hopes that he'd not notice my worry. 

"What's going on with you two?" He asks. 

"Nothing." 

"I know you're lying. You're a shitty liar." He laughs, pushing my hair out of my eyes. "What's going on?" 

I sigh. There was no point in hiding it. He was going to get it out of me eventually. "We're fighting." I grumble; my fingers fiddling with the long sleeves of my sweater.