Chapter 11

Someone requested drama, so here we go. :) 

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 11

 Ellie’s POV

 “Niall!” I smacked his hand away once he tried to take some of the chips in the bowl I set out. Today was the day of the barbecue. Today I’d see Luke. “Stop it Niall!”

 “Aww, come on, Ells.” He pouted, making him look even cuter than usual. 

 I sighed, giving in to the Irish charm. “One.” 

 “Four.” 

 My eyes widened. “Fattie.” I teased, but let him eat the chips. He stuffed his face, cheeks sticking out a bit. I bursted out laughing. “You look like a squirrel!”

 “Wha’?” He mumbled. looking a bit confused. This only made me laugh harder. My laugh must’ve been contagious, because Niall seemed to be laughing too. 

 Or choking. 

 His face was a bit red as he managed to swallow the chips, wheezing a bit. 

 “Are you o-okay?” I asked, half concerned and half laughing still. I nodded vigorously. His face was redder now but he managed to swallow everything, letting out all his laughter. 

 “Niall! Help me with this grill!” I heard Zayn call from the other side of our backyard. He muttered a quick “be right back” then ran off to help Zayn. I watched the two in amusement as they argued. 

 “You didn’t light it up, Zayn.” Niall said flatly. “You didn’t even put the coals in!” He gestured to the big bag resting against the grill. Zayn noticed this and muttered a quick ‘shuddup’ and Niall bursted out laughing again. 

 “Baby Payne!” I heard someone call from behind me. I groaned at her nickname for me. It wasn't very clever or anything. I was the baby in the Payne family. Thus creating, Baby Payne.

 “Nicola!” I said, running over to hug my eldest sister. She chuckled and wrapped her arms around me. She lightly kissed my head then rested her chin on my head, making me pout. I was not some rest for your chin just because I’m short.

 “How’s my little little sis?”

 “Very annoyed.” I mumbled, pushing Nicola away from me. “You’re such a Payne, Nicola.” I teased, and she just laughed, understanding the cheesy joke.

 “Where are the other two crazies?” She looked around a bit. 

 I pointed to the door which led back inside the house. “Liam’s in the kitchen. I don’t know about Meg.” She mouthed a ‘thanks, babe’ and ran off. “Be careful! You might walk in on some Payzer action!” 

 “Scarred for life, man.” She laughed then ran inside. I looked around to see everything set up. Bright, big umbrellas were casting shadows over the teak wood tables. Red and yellow cushions brightened up the table setting and food was beginning to fill the tables. Blue and purple lanterns hung around everything, ready to be lit when the sun went down. The pool was it’s usual peaceful color. 

Until Louis threw Shane into the pool. 

 “Louis Tomlinson!” Perrie shrieked, face pale at what she just saw. “Did you just throw my child into the pool?!” 

 Louis looked sorry, only for a second though. “Did you want me to throw Alex in too?”

 “That’s dangerous! How could you do something like that?!”