Chapter 20

Ella's POV

"I just d-don't get it sometimes. I-I don't get her." I said, wiping away my tears as Dani gave me a warm hug. Marisa rubbed my back comfortingly as I laid my head on Dani's shoulder. It was my time out with them. We went shopping like always. I didn't plan on telling them what was going on, but it kinda just spilled out when Perrie asked how Meg was doing. We were all sitting at a food court table, and I picked at the sushi I ordered.

"She just wants what's best for you," Nicole assured me, with a small smile.

"She doesn't know what's best for me." I snapped back, startling her. Nicole bit her lip and looked at the other girls for help.

Perrie sighed and went on. "You know he poisone-" Perrie started.

"Meg has you in on that lie, too?"

Dani put her plastic fork down and I could tell she was upset. "Ella Renee, your sister wouldn't lie to you!"

"She hates Luke! It's-It's" I paused for the right word. "-sabotage. There!"

"We wouldn't lie to you!"

I looked at my sushi as silence fell at the table. I could feel everyone's eyes burning into me. I just ate my food. I always loved sushi. I wasn't the best with chopsticks, until Niall taught me.

Aww, Niall. I missed him. He'd understand. Maybe I'd give him a call later.

"He'd love to talk to you, Ellie." Nicole said with a smile.

Wait, was I thinking out loud?

"Mmhmm," the girls all said, laughing a bit. I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I sent him a quick text then shoved it back in my pocket. I didn't really talk much while we ate. I was tired of talking about Luke and how he poisoned me. How does a sixteen year old get poison anyways?! It didn't seem like him. It just didn't add up.

* * * *

{for all you Nellie shippers ;) I ship it too}

"Ells!" I heard someone yell as we pulled up in front of my house. I looked out the window and saw Niall. All the boys and kids were outside, talking and laughing about something.

"Niall!" I smiled wide as I got out of the car to hug him.

"Hey you." He wrapped his arms around me and I gladly fell into his hug. "You all right?" He whispered in my ear.

I shrugged a bit. I don't know. My sister hates me. I was poisoned by someone I trusted. "I could be better."

"Lemme say hi to Nicole, then we'll go for a walk, okay?" He said, as we broke away. I nodded and watched the cute couple unite. Niall kissing Nicole on the lips and kissing her hand. "Oh, just get married all ready!" I shouted, causing Niall and Nicole to blush furiously. He whispered something in her ear, making her smile widen more.

Marisa was talking to Eva, crouched down and at her eye level. Eva giggled at whatever Marisa said. She was so good with kids. Harry came behind her, hands on her waist and surprised her. She kissed his cheek and they both started talking to Eva. Ugh, I could just see them starting the cutest little family.

Zayn and Louis were acting like big kids. I laughed as they propped up their sons on their shoulders and tried to do a chicken fight on our front lawn. It was hilarious. Perrie and Meg just shook their heads, muttering 'boys these days'.

"We should play tag!" Alex said out loud with a big smile on his face. He looked so much like Zayn, I couldn't help but smile.

"NOT IT!" Louis yelled quickly, followed by the other boys and girls.