Closer To You

So many stories so little time.

I guess we can focus on my story now.

We've all moved on, some quicker than others. We had families of our own, but we all knew that we were one big family. That's how we would always be. Louis, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Harry were practically brothers. Nothing could and would change that.

I wish I could tell you that we were doing all right. I want to, I really do. But there were some things we forgot about.

Very important things.

Thomas Jefferson once said,'I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.' I agree with Jefferson completely. Only thing is that it's hard to forget your past. And how could you forget such a crazy past like mine? I had a hard, twisted, and incredibly dark childhood.

Sometimes I question why Meg forgave Walter. There were days when I cursed his name day and night, glad he was dead, and he was finally rotting in hell, but then a pang of guilt and sadness would hit me and I'd run back and cry over his, Mum's, and Geoff's grave.

Most girls my age had to deal with high school drama. The typical, 'She said what now?!' and the 'Oh now she didn't!' and the famous 'Guurl, I will cut you'. I was just trying to make it by, still carrying all the baggage from ten years ago.

No one deserved to go through what I went through. It really is a lie to say you've "let go" of the past. Everyone says forgive and forget, but deep down inside you know that nobody can let go of those memories. There's really no such thing as forgetting, only acceptance.

Still, we did our best. We all shut the doors behind us, locked it with the key, and threw it away. It became the last thing on our minds. We left all our troubles behind. Our past no longer affected us.

Or so we thought.

No more Walter. Mum was dead, and things so far were going just fine.

Meg and Louis had that perfect little family of theirs along with Perrie and Zayn, and Dani and Liam. Niall was still that carefree mofo we all loved and Harry was still as flirty as ever.

Me? Ella Rene Payne? Well, I'm 16 now. Still Liam and Meg's little sister. Well, really everyone's little sister. I'm still adorable, so I guess you can say, not much changed until some new neighbors moved in.

* * * * * *

~? POV~

I looked out the window, only peeking through the blinds. I tried not to make too much noise. I didn't want to be spotted. There they were. We had taken the simple yet subtle approach. We just moved here...Coincidence that we lived right across the street from them? I think not. But I'm sure to them seemed normal enough. That wouldn't blow our cover. No one suspects the new neighbors. No one ever judges them, because they don't know them very well. Which was perfect for me since I wanted to stay hidden.

They were talking. Good. He was talking to his daughter. All a part of the plan. I smiled wickedly, a quiet laugh escaping my lips. We strike through her first. She seemed naive enough. They thought it was all over now didn't they? Not exactly. They forgot about one little thing.

Me.

I watched as the girl laughed, her pretty little head leaning back as her joyful laugh escaped from her lips. She won't be laughing for much longer. I shut the blinds growing tired of the happy scene. Of course the girl was happy. I'm sure he hated his guts.

Oh, sweet, sweet, Ella. You and your family are in for quite a surprise, my dear, quite a surprise.

******************************************************************************************

*cue evil laughter here* LOL and AHHH it's finally up and this is one of the strangest prologues I've written before. I feel like I'm a stalker or something. I'm stalking a 16 year old girl! I just feel really weird writing like this. It's soooo like mysterious....

Any ideas who this mystery person might be? Think really hard about this. I think you'll guess it. BUT if this prologue confused you greatly, then I guess that's GOOD.

I don't want you to figure it out that easily. Hope you liked it, so nervous posting this. It's always scaring posting a knew story especially because I know you were all really excited about this so I hoped this lived up to your expectations! :) xx