Chapter 32

Okay so I lied a little. That wasn't the last cliffhanger. There may be another one. DON'T KILL MEH. /.\

I want Ellie back, just as much as y'all do so we'll speed the story up just a little bit. A teeny weeny bit. Enjoy :) xo

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 32

Meg's POV

I hid behind the coats in the back of the closet, biting my lip nervously as my mind racked for some kind of excuse. I could go with the typical 'he started it' but that would be far too childish.

Suddenly the door opened and Liam was in front of me, crouching down and pushing past the coats.

"There's the lady of the hour." He grinned as I huffed, reluctantly getting out of the closet with his help.

"Will they kill me, Liam?" I whispered as we walked back into the living room. He shrugged, making me more nervous. I noticed a few other officers were looking around the house. It made me uncomfortable as I squirmed in my seat. Louis looked up at me from the couch, biting his lip as Nicola looked down at her lap worriedly.

I recognized the officer who I later learned went by as Anderson. Nicola and I bumped into him at the station. He looked up as soon as Liam and I walked back into the room. I was more surprised when he said he wasn't going to arrest me. He told me Louis explained everything earlier so I was off the hook and they'd be investigating Roy if they could find him. I'm sure Louis did a better job explaining it all because I would've sputtered out the first thing that came to my mind which would probably be something very stupid. Sometimes it was best when I kept my mouth shut and someone else did the talking.

"You have a very good eye, Megan," he suddenly praised, completly out of the blue. "We were actually curious to see if you'd be interested in working at the department."

I tried not to laugh. I tried not to look too surprised either, but honestly, I was so taken back at the offer. I opened and closed my mouth, not knowing what to say. I was completely dumbfounded. I looked at Liam and Louis and Nicola for something but their faces showed no emotion. Especially Louis'. I couldn't tell if he was upset or offended. I politely said I'd keep his offer in mind and with that being said he left our home. As soon as I shut the door I did a little dance in celebration. It was a little bit of salsa Danielle taught me as everyone around laughed. Nicola joined in with me, screaming 'Arriba!' and making those 'Ay! Ay! Ay!' noises. Liam covered his eyes, mumbling how he didn't know us.

Everyone except Louis laughed.

We fought. Again. He didn't want me to take the job. Dangerous he said. Not safe he said. Did he not understand that danger was all I knew? All I ever felt? The feeling of danger no longer scared me. I was so used to the pit you get in your stomach. I was so used to the sweaty hands and shaking legs. It no longer effected me.

I screamed. He screamed. I hated when he yelled at me. He looked ready to hit me when he yelled at me. I didn't cry. I just said I needed a job. He said no and that I was needed here at home. Where I'd be safe.

But of course, we made up. Like we always did. Liam threatened to beat him up, I told him not too. Nicola smacked him upside his head, as I shrieked, telling her to stop.

"He apologized you two!" I said, trying not to laugh.

"Yes, I did! Don't kill me!" Louis yelled defensively. I glared at Liam and Nicola, who shrugged innocently. Like always. Once it was all said and done, we focused right back on what was important.