Chapter 19

Meg's POV

I tried not to be sad in front of Louis and the kids. As soon as they were out of sight I broke down, then smiled like it was okay. I hated when anyone saw me cry. Logan suspected things since he was there when Ella and I fought. He started to ask about his step grandfather. I avoided it at much as possible. Even though Walter was dead, I didn't really want to tell Logan. Louis often saved me and distracted him somehow.

I often found myself taking long walks in the late hours of the night. My dreams got weirder and weirder. Walter was in one, and we had a full conversation. It was kinda nice. Geoff visited me once, and I was a mess, waking up crying and shaking and I called my poor brother in the middle of the night, just for that. I hated sleeping after that dream. I was scared he'd come back. I'd missed him a lot. He told me things that hit me hard.

I was sleep deprived. I was scared of my dreams which is partially why I walked so much. Sometimes, I cried along the way. Other times, I just did it to clear my mind. Once I could've sworn I saw my mother, but I shook it off. I thought I was just hallucinating or something. Maybe my parents were having a contest. Let's see who can scare the crap out of Meg the most!

I noticed whenever I went out for a walk, I noticed at Luke's house the lights would be on. The blinds would shake and I felt like someone was watching.

I took my boots off and my coat and placed them on top of the dresser with a small sigh. I'd put them away later. It was two a.m. and I'd come back from a long walk. I started to change back into my pajamas. I left them next to the bedside table, when I escaped Louis grip on my waist after he was asleep. I didn't like leaving Louis, but my cluttered thoughts kept me awake at night. Writing in my notebook helped a bit, but being outside with a cold air made me feel like I could breathe again. Alive again, almost.

"B-Babe?" Louis mumbled and I looked over at him. Was he awake? Darn it.

"Hmm?" I asked, slipping my shirt over my freezing body. He slowly opened his eyes and patted my spot on the bed.

"Come to bed," he whined and I smiled a bit. I got under the covers with him, allowing the blanket to wrap me up. I had my back turned towards him. He used his hands to pull me closer to him. I felt his head near mine, as we cuddled up, my body not cold anymore. I started to close my eyes but Louis wouldn't let me sleep. "Where did you go, Megan?" His voice was stern and worried. His warm breath hit my neck.

I just decided to tell him the truth. I could've easily lied and said I went to the bathroom or something. "Out on a walk." I mumbled quickly.

"For two hours? In the middle of the night?" He gently kissed my neck. I knew he was trying to get me to spill it all. We both had little hints we gave each other. When I knew something was wrong with him, I might sit on his lap or sit near him and not say a word until eventually, he'd cuddle up to me or lay his head on my lap and let me play with his hair. Only then would he let it all out.

Usually, I'd push Louis away, tell him not to worry about me. Kiss him to shut him up, but I didn't. I wondered if he thought I was cheating. I shrugged off the thought and whispered back to him.

"I just wanted to get my mind off of everything. I'm fine though, Louis."

"Baby," he said, sounding impatient. I turned to look at him, knowing why he was upset.

"I promise." I looked up at him and into his eyes. He learned from Liam, who said, whenever I lied I couldn't look the person in the eye. This was very true, so I looked right at him.

He seemed less tense and kissed my head. "You don't have to go on a two hour walk though. I'm right here if you wanna talk." I felt him hold me a little tighter, as I buried my face in his neck. He stroked my hair, soothing me.