Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Meg's POV

Ella ran up to her room as I cleaned off the counter. Louis fell on the couch and seemed to just be sitting there. He didn't turn the TV on or anything. Usually, if he was working, he'd come in and tell me all about his day or some stupid joke I had to laugh at because it was so had it was funny.

But today there was no, 'Hey Meg! Guess what?' or 'Why does the cemetery have gates around it? Because everyone's DYING to get in!'

I could tell he was upset. I waited five minutes. Louis acted like a baby sometimes, not in a bad way. He'd kinda sit around, pout, and grumbled a bit sometimes until he was ready to talk. If you tried to talk to him before he was ready he'd just kinda isolate himself somewhere. I dried my hands and walked over to the couch in the living room, seeing Louis staring at the wall blankly. I sat by him and squeezed his hand to let him know I was there.

He still didn't say anything at first really. His hand didn't squeeze back or do anything really which worried me. Louis was never really the quietest person and never for this long. I stroked his arm as I stared down at my lap, hoping Louis would say something. I wonder if he knew about Jay yet.

"I-I don't understand," he mumbled to himself almost. I felt him lean back into the couch. He was exhausted. I could tell. I rubbed his back as I moved a little closer to him. I pecked his lips. He slowly kissed back but pulled away as I frowned.

"Louis, what's wrong, Boo?"

"I-I can't lose h-her," he said and I knew he knew. "L-Lottie said that-" I shushed him, feeling him shaking. It hurt to see him like this. This was the one who said he would always be there for me.

The one who would 'Look After Me' and would be strong for me.

Seeing him break down like this made my heart hurt. He was just being strong for too long. I could relate to that.

"M-Meg, I-I'm just-" he fell into a fit of sobs as I let him cry on me. I wiped his tears away as best as I could as they flowed freely. They rolled down his tan skin and down the cheeks I was so used to kissing {like face cheeks. Just wanted to make that clear. XD}

He lowered his head down onto my lap and I tried to comfort him as much as possible, though I knew how hard it could be losing your mom. I lost mine. Even though we weren't the closest, it still hurt. I found myself fighting back tears. I had to be strong for Louis, especially when he was this fragile.

"She's gonna be all right," I promised him. "The doctors will take care of her. Lottie will too." I kissed his head and rubbed his shoulder. His sobs reduced to small cries then eventually sniffles. I looked at the clock. It was almost four. I started to lift Louis off me slowly as he groaned, almost saying 'no'. "Boo, I have to pick up the kids."

"Make Liam do it," He looked up with me with red eyes. I knew he didn't want me to leave him. "Please just...don't go." He sat up a bit, begging me. His blue eyes, full of sadness, pleaded me not to leave. And I didn't.

I reached out for my phone and politely asked my big brother to get the kids. In all honestly, I didn't want to get in the car to get them. Maybe if we finally got Ellie a car...

I looked at Louis in his sad state and didn't bring up the car situation. I was his wife. I promised I'd love him on our wedding day. Through sickness and in health. Louis and I cuddled up together as I felt all tension leave his body. His shaking stopped as I traced my fingers over his collarbones absentmindedly. I smiled on the inside, knowing I had that effect on him. We both could just lie in each others arms and just forget the world. That's what I loved about Louis. He was my escape.

My sweet escape.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Fillerrrr chapter :) I really liked this one. idk about you but I did.

before, erm, stuff happens in this story, is there anything else I should clear up? I hate the fact that More Than This was so short. it was fast paced and short and it's one of the things I regret soooo if there's anything you were wondering about, maybe not just about Louis and Meg but maybe Perrie and Zayn, comment whatever it is your wondering. idk, maybe I already cleared things up for you snowflakes. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate at all.

Hope you liked it. :) Vote, comment, fan, etc. you guys are amazing. i love you

Oh and don't forget to follow my joint account @MalikandStylesx ! Thx guys :)