Epilogue

God here come my tears. Sheesh. I'm not ready for this.

Sigh. Here goes.

Epilogue. Closer to You.

Here we go.

******************************************

Closer to You Epilogue :'(

"You're up early." Louis snorted from behind me.

"You're up late." I shot back as she snickered.

"Okay, this is a little late for me." He defended with a cheeky smile.

"5:30?" My eyebrows flew up without hesitation. "Like as in AM?"

He sat down beside me after rummaging in the counters for some cereal. He shook the box in an attempt to ask me if I wanted some. I nodded he smiled a little.

"Sorry it's not your boyfriend making it." He cackled as soon as the slightest tinge of red hit my cheeks.

"S-Shut up!" I yelled as he laughed some more.

Luke made me breakfast once. Once, I will make that very clear. It was sweet. He didn't throw Mcmuffins up at my window but came in when Meg and Louis were out one day ( I can't remember why ) and the kids had barely woken up. I let him in and watched as he made eggs and bacon for all of us. Eva helped make toast. Logan got the jam and poured the glasses of milk. We felt very stupid as we saw Louis and Meg come in with breakfast in their hands for us. I think that was the day I really realized Luke meant no harm anymore.

He didn't have to play and talk with my niece and nephew as we ate the delicious meal, but he did.

He could've tried anything he wanted to while Meg and Louis were out but he didn't. He didn't even sneak in a kiss.

"This is revenge for when you played matchmaker with me and Meg, sweetie." He slid a bowl and spoon to me with a little wink. I quickly poured some into my bowl.

"You should be thanking me then." I poured my milk over the sugary cereal and felt Louis staring at me. "What?"

"Well, first of all, thank you. Meg's a lucky lady." He smiled cockily as I glared at him.

"You don't deserve my sister." I mumbled, a little upset.

"I know I don't. She's . . . something."

"You better mean that in a good way, Louis or I'll cut your throat."

"Ouch." He snickered. "You know I love your sister. She's just . . . " Louis stared out ahead of him, a smile creeping on his face as his eyes lit up. "Beautiful and perfect in every single way. I mean, the way she - "

"Save it for your poetry book, mister."

"You're grumpy. Probably because it's earlier than eleven a.m. What are you doing up so early?"

"I'm not up to something you know."

"Never said you were."

"Okay then."

"Is Luke hiding in the closet? Did he climb up into your window this morning?" Louis smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"No, Louis."

"Talk to me, something like a daughter." He smiled as he propped his head on his elbow, head to the side. "Or would you rather tell Meg or Liam or Niall?"

"I want Ni -"

"Scratch that. Just tell me, babe."

"It's nothing."