Chapter 54-Twisted Circles

Chapter 54

So, auditions went well, and I'm playing Sherrezade.

Can't say I'm surprised, since there are like, six girls. There's also a new Alex. Alex Paul. Everyone calls us by our last names, so basically one of us is a girl, and the other's a dude. She's nice though, I like her. I've also gotten to know Rachel a little bit, another new addition to Starkid, and she's really funny and sweet. I wasn't surprised when she was picked to play the Princess, since her voice is so stellar and her acting is amazing. 

But what surprised me the most and the biggest curve ball that I just never saw coming was the fact that Dylan's playing J'afar. J'afar who is the main character. J'afar who is married to Sherrezade, whom I'm playing. Whom I have to kiss at the end of the show.

I purposely avoided eye contact with Clark when I found out.

Nick tells me before he tells everyone else, that I got my role, and then he tells me that the shows are going to be here, in New York.

"You serious?" I ask, giddy with excitement that we won't have to pack our lives up and go to Chicago again.

He nods. "Staying here. Just easier on everyone else."

I actually hugged him and squealed.

I call Nicki later that day and I tell her the good news. She and Joey are in LA, staying in a small place Joey rented for a few months before they decide on anything. 

"I'm happy for you!" She says, the sound of the TV on in the background. "Joey and I are going to be coming out the day before the show, so don't worry, we'll get to join in in the excitement. He's out doing voice over recording for Khumba."

Khumba is this animated movie about a zebra who wants to earn his stripes and he sets off on this adventure to find them. He comes across a bunch of other animals and together they go to get the stripes with him. It comes out this summer and Joey got a minor role in it. I got really jealous when I found out Jake T. Austin and Anna Sophia Robb were apart of the cast.

"Well when you see him tell him I hope he does well in the movie. So what else is up, how are you feeling lately?"

"I'm eight months pregnant, you saw me a few days ago, Alex."

I laugh. "I know silly, I want to know how you're feeling about LA and Joey doing movies and everything. Do you think LA is the next move for you?"

"Depends on what I end up doing. When I was living with you I was paying rent from the little money I had in the bank. Joey rents the place for the both of us now, I can't work in a few weeks when the baby comes, but I'm trying to find work out here. I'm hopefully going to be getting a job at the LA Times with references from a Mr. Darren Criss and Joey."

I laugh again. "They can do that? Be your references when they've never worked there a day in their lives?"

"I guess so. He didn't explain it to me, Joey or Darren. But the manager wants to meet with me, so they must have done something."

"You should have moved to Chicago. Lana would have been glad to have you."

"You talked to her at all since Apocolyptour?"

"Not much until recently, but she is going to be coming to Twisted! I convinced her to cover the story for the Chicago Tribute, plus she got in touch with Madison and she, her baby and her husband are coming! She even invited Elias, 'member him?"

It's Nicki's turn to laugh this time. "Who could forget? He was so cute and shy, it was sweet."

"Just checking," I giggle.