Chapter 1-A Date With Destiny

*3 mystical months later...*

Chapter 1

The last of my boxes have been cleared from my apartment and I lie down on the couch. "Ahh," I sigh as I hit the cushions. Finally. It only took forever, but I finished moving all of my stuff into my new apartment and I'm finally done EVERYTHING. I'm ready to just relax. Before I can however, I hear the ding from my computer, informing me I've recieved an email. I groan, stand, get my laptop from my desk and then I make my way back to the couch to sit.

Alex,

We need to talk. When did you plan on telling me you were moving to New York? I'm coming to bring you home. You don't belong in the city. You belong with me. I wanna take you to Chicago with me. And I'm not leaving you there to make bad choices. Call me, Alex. Please.

~Jeff

I don't want to answer him. I don't even want to keep in touch with him. What is Jeff's problem? And what does he mean when he says that I make bad choices? He's the one who always gets drunk! I throw a pillow across the room from my couch, furious. He has no right saying anything to me.

And what is this crap about going to Chicago with him? I'm not going anywhere with him ever again. Not now, not ever.

Another ding comes from my computer. "Damn," I say. "How popular am I?" I see that the email is from my friend that I sent my script. I had actually forgotten all about it!

Hey, Alex!

So I just finished reading your script! Sorry it took 3 months to read, I've been really busy on the T.V show that I'm guest starring on lately, and things with the group are getting hectic with the new show coming up. Anyways, this is REALLY good! Like, seriously amazing. I shared it with my friend Nick and he said he loves it! I'm going to be in New York for a few weeks so send me your new address and I'll come by. Can't wait to see you again :)

Miss you tons,

-J

That's my guy. I quickly respond to his email making sure to tell him my address and that I miss him, too. Then, I lean my head back on my couch. It will be really nice to see him again, it's been months. So much has happened since graduation...so much has changed.

I look at the emails again and Jeff's is still open in another screen. I click the delete button, ignoring the message that asks if I'm sure, and then exhale. "There, I feel better," I say to myself, feeling my heartbeat return to normal. But what is normal anymore?

"Fuck this I need coffee," I say to no one in particular.

It's the first day of September, and still fairly warm for a day in New York. I grab my purse and then head out the door.

The streets are crowded. It's actually pretty bad today, considering it's such a nice day out.. Why would anyone want to be cooped up inside on a day like today? Working or playing with their children, anything. I'd much rather be outside. And I hate the outdoors. But the swaying of the trees in the faint New York wind is calming and very comfortable. I like it. Apparently however, the honking cars, taxi's, and New Yorkers colorful language don't mix with the happy weather as I pass them by.

The Starbucks is crowded when I arrive, so I stand in line listening to a musical group on my iPhone called Starkid. They are a group originally from The University Of Michigan, conveniently where my ex boyfriend went to college. They started their "Merry Little Band" I call it, back when they were in college. Soon, they really expanded and blew up on the internet. Nicki and I used to watch the first musical, A Very Potter Musical, all the time in college. That was our friends big break. He actually graduated from that school just a year before my ex.