Chapter 51-Be My Forever

Chapter 51

Did I ever mention the fact that because of my injuries Starkid held off on the birthday stuff Lauren and I planned for Leaky Con?

Cause that happened.

We were going to do it at Leaky after the show, but after the show went over four and a half hours, people having to leave and my concussion, we had to move everything to us going back to New York to celebrate the April birthday's. So instead, Lauren and I managed to find this place and book it for a nice party.

Which is tonight.

Leaky Con ended a week ago, and thankfully I've been getting better. I won't be a hundred percent tonight sadly though, so I'm going to have to take it easy during the party.

I've been talking to Clark a lot though about life after us dating. I've been thinking that maybe the next part of my life is Clark--that like Joey and Nicki I deserve my happiness, and Clark's the one who seems to be there.

"Hey sweetie," I hear as I roll over in bed. Clark's smiling at me, our faces inches away from each other.

"Oh hi," I smile. "Alex, from the bar last night? Bought me a beer?"

Clark laughs. "Right, yeah, I remember. Sorry, I'm not usually into one night stands, but you're just so gorgeous I couldn't pass it up."

"Well I mean you're not too bad yourself."

Clark kisses my forehead and then looks me in the eyes again, his eyes melting into mine like a chocolate fountain. "This is so nice. Imagine this being the sight we have to look forward to every morning."

I smile again. "That would be wonderful."

"I love you," Clark whispers.

"I love you, too."

We've been doing this a lot. Our conversations sounding like some newlywed couple all happy. Since we got back to New York I haven't gotten a phone call, a text or been attacked. It's been a safe week, one full of laughs and good times. I saw my doctor who said I do have a concussion, and that I should take it easy, but I'll be fine.

When Clark get's in the shower, I get out of bed and stretch, covering my bare body with a camisole and my silk robe from Clark for a late birthday present. I decide I'm going to make him a nice breakfast, a little thank you for everything he's done, as well as a good distraction for me.

I hear Clark sing in the shower as I pull my hair up into a pony tail, humming along to the song he's singing.

"I say no to status quo. Who wants to be like the rest and deny the best that I'm meant for. I will show the status quo. Who wants to be normal I'll never conform I will be content to resent the status quo."

His voice is like a cool breeze during a hot summer day, and it fills the entire bathroom while he showers and sings.

I grab my cellphone from the charger and make my way into the kitchen to cook something.

I decide on pancakes, and pull my griddle out from under my cupboard.

My phone starts to ring as I am measuring the ingredients and I look over. It's Nicki.

I answer and put her on speaker.

"Hey stranger," I say.

"Hey there yourself. How's everything going over there, haven't heard from you much this week," Nicki says from her end, the sound of the blender in the background.

"Alright. Clark's been spending more nights here lately and he's in the shower now. I'm making breakfast. What about you and Joey?"

"Temporary apartment we're staying in smells like old feet but it's a good place to start. We're thinking about either going to LA or Chicago after the baby is born, we're not sure. We could easily end up staying here. I mean unlike you, I'm not actually a member of Starkid."