Chapter Twenty Six.

Saturday

12:20 p.m.

Manhattan, New York

Marshall stood at the altar, anxious to see his wife. He'd be lying to himself if he said he wasn't nervous. He felt just as he did when him and Alexis first got married. It made him smile to see Whitney walking down the aisle dropping the flower petals and to see Alaina and Hailie walking down side by side. He wasn't surprised to see Nathan walking with Sasha on his arm. He figured Nate would try to get at her.

Soon, the audience rose to their feet and the doors opened once again as Alexis began to walk down the aisle with her father on her arm. Marshall tried to keep his composure, but he was breathless. She looked undeniably beautiful and he fell in love with her all over again. The dress fit every curve of her body perfectly and she looked like a true queen. That's what she was to him--his queen.

He locked eyes with her as she walked down and he was unable to contain his smile. As he was waiting for her, he started to think back to the time that he saw her again after they'd first broke up.

*Flashback*

Marshall had just finished having dinner all on his lonesome at the restaurant called Teego's. He admitted it was kind of nice to walk around without hundreds to thousands of people taking photos of him or hounding him for autographs. He loved his fans, but some would get a little out of control. But he had to admit that things were a little rougher with him being heavier than he normally was. He knew he had to do something.

After he paid the bill, he was getting ready to leave until he saw someone he thought he'd never see again unless it was at an event or an awards show--his ex-girlfriend, Alexis.

She looked breathtakingly stunning as she sat at the table dressed in a yellow thin strapped asymmetrical bodycon dress and matching open toed ankle strap heels. Her long black hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and lip gloss rested upon her full lips. Taking advantage of the moment, he approached her table. As soon as he did, she looked up at him with slightly widened eyes.

"Marshall." She stated softly in shock.

"Lexi, hey. How you doin'?"

"I'm fine. Um, what are you doing here?"

"I just finished having dinner and I was leaving until I saw you. You look...." He looked her up and down.

"I look what?" She wondered curiously.

"Like an angel. You look beautiful."

She looked down and cleared her throat. He could see a hint of her blushing and it made him fight a smile that was trying to form.

She looked back up at him, "Thank you. You look-"

"Fat, I know." He finished for her.

"No, no. You don't look fat. A little on the thicker side, yes. But not fat. Trust me, I know what fat looks like." She chuckled.

"You here alone?"

"Actually, no. I'm, um, I'm on a date."

He nodded his head, trying to hide his disappointment. He didn't know why he expected her to be waiting around for him. He fucked up and let her walk out the door. He had a fantastic woman and he allowed his ego to get the best of him. That was no one's fault but his own.