Chapter Fourteen.

Monday

7:00 p.m.

New York City, New York

"Alright, thank you for coming out, ladies. If you are chosen for the video, you will receive an email on Thursday. If you don't get an email, I'm sorry. But I appreciate you for coming out and maybe we'll use you for another project. We're all done here and you may all head home." Alexis announced.

Some girls came over and shook Alexis's hand and thanked her for the opportunity. After all of them left, Alexis plopped down in her chair and laid her head down against the table.

"Oh, my goodness. I'm glad that this day is finally over." Alexis said.

"Same here. It was fun watching the girls, but hearing that song over and over again was starting to get on my nerves. No disrespect to Treason, but I don't care if I ever hear that song again." Carmen admitted.

"Considering you have to be at the video shoot, you're gonna have to hear it again." She chuckled.

Carmen groaned and shook her head, "Can I please take a personal day off when that comes?"

"Nope. You are the head of A&R, baby girl. There's rarely a day off." Alexis laughed and patted her shoulder, "You'll be just fine."

"I doubt it."

Alexis laughed again and got up from her chair. The two of them left the dance studio and walked out to their cars.

"I need to get home, change and glam up a little before heading to the lounge." She mentioned.

"Yeah, me too. I can't wait for you and Em to see Jenesis." Carmen smiled.

"You're very good at spotting talent, so I'm trusting you on this."

Alexis got into her car, buckling her seatbelt and started up the car. She waved at Carmen and drove off down the road. She grabbed her phone and called Marshall.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hubby, what's good?" She smiled.

He chuckled, "Hey, beautiful. I'm gonna be heading out of here in about thirty minutes."

"Ok, I'll be changed and everything when you get to the house."

"Alright. I love you."

"I love you more."

He chuckled and they hung up with each other.

Alexis pulled up into the driveway and walked into the house, heading upstairs to the bedroom.

"Time to take me a quick shower to refresh and find out what am I gonna wear." She told herself.

After her shower and applying cocoa butter to her body, Alexis sat down at her vanity, brushing her translucent powder off of her face. She applied her lashes, blush and highlight before covering her lips in a vampy dark burgundy shade of lipstick.

"Lexi, you upstairs?!" Marshall yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, I just finished my makeup!"

She grabbed her setting spray and sprayed it all over her face before fanning her face to let it dry. She heard footsteps coming up the stairs and Marshall walked into the bedroom. Alexis stood up and noticed him staring at her from head to toe. She wore light blue ripped jeans, a long sleeved v-neck olive green crop top and black over the knee peep toe boots. A black 90's styled choker rested around her neck while part of her faux locs were in two pigtail buns while the rest flowed down her back.