Chapter Thirty Two.

Tuesday

10:00 p.m.

New York City, New York

Marshall paced around the studio, bobbing his head to the music of his newly recorded song titled Brainless with producer, Luis Resto. He moved his hands along to the lyrics, enjoying what he was hearing. As he continued to listen, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He reached for it and saw a text from Alexis.

Lexi (Wife) now

I hate to bother you while you're in your zone, but I need to talk to you. Office??

He raised his eyebrow, wondering what was up. He licked his lips and replied back to her.

Marshall: You could never bother me, baby. I'll be right there

He locked his phone and placed it in his pocket, looking at Luis.

"Aye, wifey needs me and she's down in the office. We can keep it going after." He told him.

"Alright, man. Go talk with your girl." Luis nodded his head.

Marshall gave him a man handshake and walked out of the studio. He walked down the hall and went to his office. He opened the door and saw Alexis sitting on the couch. He noticed she changed her clothes from what she was wearing earlier.

"Hey, beautiful." He greeted her.

"Hi." She replied softly.

He reached his hand out to her and she placed her hand in his, allowing him to pull her up from the couch. She kept her head down and he tilted up her chin.

"What's going on? You sounded like you was stressing." He asked.

"I texted you. How'd you know what I sounded like?"

He gave her a knowing look.

"You're my wife. I can feel your emotions depending on the text. That's how connected we are. Now tell me what's going on."

She sighed and looked into his eyes, "Promise me you won't get mad."

"I ain't making no promises. Cause hearing that, implies something that's gonna set me off incredibly." He stated honestly.

"Fair enough." She shrugged.

"Tell me what's up."

Alexis looked down again and Marshall tilted up her chin once again.

"Nah, look at me. Tell me what happened."

She cleared her throat and bit her lip nervously.

"You know how I went to dinner with Dante, right?" She reminded him.

"Yeah, you told me that." He nodded.

"Well, everything was going good and normal. He wasn't making subliminal comments about me and him or you and I. Everything felt chilled out. Afterwards, when we were leaving and he walked me to my car, he...." She paused.

"He what?" He narrowed his eyes.

She sighed again, "He...kissed me."

Marshall felt his whole body heat up with anger. He wasn't upset with Alexis in the slightest bit. How could she have known that would happen? He was angry at her ex for trying to move into his territory. If he was the old Marshall, he'd be trying his hardest to find Dante and beat him into a bloody pulp. But seeing as how the authorities had already tried their hardest to get him back then, that would just add more fuel to the fire.