Chapter Five.

Marshall rode in the back of the limo with Paul, discussing business while Nathan sat on the side texting on his phone. They'd just touched down in Chicago and they were on their way to the set. He didn't watch much television, but he caught a few episodes of Empire and he enjoyed it.

They arrived at the building where his scene was being filmed and got out of the car. They walked inside and saw Lee Daniels talking with his director, Danny Strong and some unknown woman.

"There's the legend himself. Em, my man. How's it going?" Lee greeted him with a handshake.

"It's going good, man. Thanks for the opportunity."

"Not a problem. Glad to have you here. This is Danny Strong, he's the director of the show."

"Nice to meet you." Danny shook his hand.

"Same, man."

"Now your scene is short, but it's one of the biggest in the show. The Lyons are hosting a party and everybody is all dressed up nice. Lucious and Cookie are having a conversation, walking about while Tiana is performing onstage and you walk in, running into them. You three exchange a few friendly words and after that, you walk off. Short, simple and sweet." Lee explained to him.

"Sounds easy enough." Marshall nodded.

"Oh, it is. We'll be needing you in about, an hour at the most. Christie will take you to your trailer and she will come and get you when you are needed on set. Cool?"

"Yeah."

"Perfect." Lee smiled and turned towards the girl he saw when he walked in, "Christie, please take Eminem and his guests to their trailer."

"Right away." Christie replied and looked at Marshall, "Please follow me."

Marshall, Paul and Nathan followed Christie towards the trailer that they would be staying in until time for his scene. It was nicely sized complete with a vanity station, a black leather couch, two chairs and a flat screen television. Nathan got comfortable on the couch while Marshall and Paul sat down in the chairs.

"Ok, so this is where you'll be until you're called. When we're ready for you, I'll come back and get you on set." She explained and handed him a piece of paper, "Here's your script."

"Alright, thanks." Marshall nodded his head and took the script from her.

"Not a problem."

She left and closed the door behind her. The guys spent most of their time talking and Nathan and Marshall were cracking jokes on each other. Paul just sat back laughing at the two of them. Marshall also made sure to study his short lines. An hour passed by and the door to the trailer opened. It was Christie.

"We're ready for you." She told him.

Marshall got up from the chair and walked out of the trailer, following Christie to the set. There were extras dressed in dressy casual clothes and he saw Serayah up on stage, getting her makeup touched up. He also saw Taraji and Terrence talking with Danny.

"Em, over here." Danny called him over.

Marshall walked up to them and kept his hands in his pockets.

"Em, this is Taraji and Terrence. I'm pretty sure you know them already. And Terrence and Taraji, you already know Em." Danny introduced them.

"Of course. Who doesn't know Slim Shady? It's a pleasure to meet you, honey. You are an incredible rapper." Taraji smiled, shaking his hand.

"Thank you, I appreciate it. I've caught quite a few episodes of the show and I really like it. You two are great actors. My little brother absolutely loves you and Serayah. He jumped at the chance of coming when he heard I was gonna be here." Marshall chuckled.