Chapter Fifty One.

Friday

11:14 a.m.

New York City, New York

"Let's take that from the top. Relax and don't focus too hard. Let it flow naturally. You got it, ok?" Alexis said to Dria.

Dria nodded her head and adjusted the headphones, "Ok. Terrell, let's try it again."

"I got you, girl." Terrell nodded his head and pressed the button on the soundboard, allowing the music to play again.

Alexis was up in the studio at her label along with Terrell and his fellow producer friend Josh while they worked with Dria on another song that she, Alexis and Terrell wrote together a couple of days ago. Alexis had a meeting with Isa Belle at noon to sign her contract and she was expecting a new female group later that afternoon to possibly sign.

Not to mention, she had her own personal business to handle. She reached out to Mike and Vince, two producers and longtime friends of hers to assist with producing a couple songs for her artists as well as for her. She hadn't seen or talked to them in years due to everyone's busy schedule, but she knew if she called, they would welcome her with open arms. They were ecstatic to hear her voice again and expressed nothing but love to work with her again.

Marshall wasn't supposed to be back in the states until sometime next week and he wouldn't be back in New York for an extra couple of weeks. She couldn't deny she missed him a lot. It had been a while since he'd been gone for extended periods of time on business, especially in another country and it was definitely an adjustment that she had to make. But she was so glad to see her man back in his element again and doing what he loved.

Alexis, Terrell and Josh watched Dria as her powerful and soulful vocals filled the studio. Alexis moved her head to the music and smiled to herself, visibly proud of what she was hearing.

"That's what we were looking for. You go, girl." She thought to herself.

Once the music faded out and Dria's voice paused, she opened her eyes and looked at the trio.

"How was that?" She asked.

"That is exactly what we were needing from you! Girl, about to have me church stomping in here!" Terrell expressed.

"That's what I was looking for. Phenomenal job." Alexis clapped.

"Agreed." Josh spoke.

"Thank you." Dria smiled and removed the headphones, placing them on the stand.

She walked out of the recording booth and Alexis gave her a high five.

"That's what I'm talking about, girl. Now I need you to keep that energy up, alright?"

Dria nodded her head, "Got you."

"You've got it, hon. The looks, the talent and then some. Just need you to stay in the zone, ok? That same young lady I saw performing the lounge a couple months ago, continue to channel her. I wouldn't have you here if I didn't believe in you." Alexis encouraged her.

"Thank you, Lexi. I will." She smiled.

Alexis gave her a hug and looked at Terrell and Josh.

"Alright, y'all. I've got to go. Boss Lady has a lot to handle, starting with meeting with two artists. So I will see y'all later. Continue to be great."

"We'll see you, Lady Lex." Terrell blew her a kiss,

She gave each of them a hug and a kiss on the cheek before grabbing her handbag and departing from the studio towards her office. Her heels clicked across the smooth white tile flooring of the hallway and she opened the dark wooden double doors to her office. She placed her purse on the desk and sat down in her office chair. Her office phone began to ring and she pressed a button, placing the call on speakerphone.