Chapter Thirty Three.

Friday

9:00 a.m.

New York City, New York

Alexis scoffed in disgust as she scrolled through her Instagram feed and saw The Shade Room posted the photo of her and Dante. She looked through the comment section and while there were a few ignorant souls spewing their bullshit theories, it made her smile to hear how many people supported her and knew how much she loved her husband and that she would never betray him like that. She took it upon herself to make a comment.

lexipm: While I'm damned if I do say something and damned if I don't say something, I will say that I love and adore the living hell out of my husband and I would NEVER disrespect him or our marriage. He knows that. It's a shame when an ex can't take a hint, even when you tell them where they stand.

She pressed "post" and exhaled. Sasha texted her and told her that she saw the photo and she could see her trying to push Dante away from her. She also informed her that she didn't trust tabloids and knew she wouldn't jeopardize her marriage. Alexis thanked her for that.

She was glad that Sandra had been doing her job and diffusing the situation as best as she could.

All of a sudden, her phone was taken from her and she looked up to see Marshall placing it inside of his pocket.

"Stop torturing yourself. We got bigger things to think about." He told her.

She sighed and nodded her head. He was right. The two of them had their photoshoot and interview with GQ magazine and not to mention, Alexis was in the process of finishing up filming and she would soon be going on promo appearances. Marshall had Shero and Jenesis in the studio later that day, Marksmen were releasing their first single in about two weeks and Treason had performances lined up. Yelawolf was returning from his tour in a few weeks and was prepared to work on his next album.

Booked and busy was definitely a lifestyle Alexis and Marshall lived and loved.

Their car arrived to the photo studio and Marshall stepped out of the car, adjusting his pants. Alexis stepped out next, reaching for his hand. He reached back and grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers before planting a kiss against her hand. The two of them walked inside of the photo studio and saw Louis Meres, the photographer, finishing his setup and directing his staff. He saw them and smiled, clasping his hands together.

"There they are. The hip-hop legend himself and the R&B goddess. Em, Lexi, it's an honor." Louis greeted them, shaking their hands.

"We're grateful for the opportunity." Alexis smiled.

"And we're grateful to have you here. It's going to be a simple photoshoot, only three looks. One casual look, one formal and one kind of sexy look. Of course, individual shots will be in the magazine also. We'll get you two set up, get Alexis in hair and makeup and get started, right?" He explained to them.

"Sounds good to me." Alexis confirmed, looking at Marshall.

"Let's do it." Marshall nodded.

The two of them were split up and Alexis was guided to hair and makeup while Marshall was guided towards the wardrobe.

After nearly an hour, Alexis was dressed in pair of black ripped jeans, a long sleeved black mesh top with a matching strapless bralette, a pair of black YSL closed toed heels and a black cropped leather jacket. Her hair was in a stylishly coiffed bob and her makeup made a statement, focusing more on the lips which were a vampy plum color.