Chapter Forty Three.

Thursday
7:55 a.m.
New York City, New York

Marshall pulled his blacked out Range Rover into the driveway and got out of the car, gulping his bottle of water. Having gone to bed unexpectedly early with Alexis and woke up in the middle of the night being unable to go back to sleep, he decided to head to the gym for a few hours. He used his key and opened the front door to the house. He removed his hoodie jacket, revealing his black wifebeater muscle t-shirt and went upstairs to the bedroom.

He saw Alexis sitting on the edge of the bed, struggling to find the open hole to buckle the nude pointed toe ankle strap heels on her feet. He chuckled to himself and came closer to her, kneeling down to her.

"Lemme help you wit' that." He told her.

He reached down as he began to buckle her heels and looked up to see her watching him with a small smile on her face.

"By the way, good morning, sexy."

"Morning, Big Daddy Shady. What happened to you? I woke up and you weren't here." She wondered.

"I couldn't go back to sleep, so I headed over to the gym." He nodded his head.

"That explains why them muscles of yours are showing extremely prominent right now."

He chuckled and finished buckling her heels before grabbing her hand, pulling her up from the bed. He took in her appearance, admiring the white high waisted jeans, nude colored spaghetti strap round neck bodysuit and the white cropped leather jacket she wore. Her coiffed short hair and makeup fit the outfit perfectly. He fought the urge to smile widely when he saw her wearing the hoop earrings with her name across them in diamonds. He'd bought those earrings as a gift for her for her birthday during the friend stage of their relationship years ago.

"Where'd you find those?" He asked, giving a head nod towards the earrings.

"I was looking through my box of valuables or at least, what's valuable to me and they were hiding all the way down at the bottom in the original box they came in. I figured I'd bring them back out." She smiled.

"Damn, they still look fresh."

"I took extra good care of them. Regardless of how much I used to wear them every time I went out back then." She chuckled.

"I swear, you couldn't be seen without them. They ended up being your signature thang, though." He chuckled also and gently stroked his finger across the diamond letters, "I still can't believe you got 'em. I figured you would've trashed 'em after what happened wit' us, cause I ain't see you wearing 'em too much after we broke up."

"I may have been pissed off at you, but the earrings didn't do shit. I just kept them in the box and kept them in a drawer."

"They still look good on you. You lookin' real sexy right now." He licked his lips, running his hand down her side.

"Thank you, boo." She smiled, gently stroking his chin between her index finger and thumb. "I gotta get ready to head out. Shero's music video shoot is at 8:30 and I gotta be there on time as the boss lady."

"I hear you. Be careful, aight?"

"Of course, my love. I promise."

She pecked his lips and was about to leave the room until he stopped her, gently grasping onto her arm.

"Nah, nah. You know better." He told her.

"What? What'd I do?" She asked, trying not to laugh.

"What'd I do?" He playfully mocked her, "Tryna give me that 'lil weak ass peck. Better let me taste them lips properly before you go."

"Which ones?" She smirked.

"Yo, don't play. I got no problem snatching everything off you and throwing you on the bed. Having you tell folks you got stuck in traffic."

She laughed and Marshall wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to his body. He leaned down slightly and kissed her lips slowly and tenderly. Alexis wrapped her arms around his neck and he moved his hand down to her ass, giving it a gentle squeeze. He brushed his tongue against hers a couple of times and captured her lower lip between his teeth, tugging at it softly before pulling away.

"Have a good day, aight?" He tilted up her chin and looked down at her, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." She breathed.

She pulled out of his embrace and walked out of the bedroom. He chuckled to himself, knowing he'd left an impact on her with that kiss. Which was exactly what he wanted.

Marshall removed his shirt and stripped off the rest of his clothing before walking to the bathroom to take a shower.

Twenty minutes later, Marshall walked into the bedroom with the towel wrapped around his lower half. He dried off his body and got dressed in a pair of khakis, a white t-shirt and a pair of black low top sneakers with white stripes on the side. He sprayed on some cologne, placed his dog tag chain around his neck and strapped his white G-Shock watch around his wrist. He slipped on his black hoodie jacket and grabbed his phone before walking downstairs.

He decided to drive himself to the set of the video and grabbed his keys. He walked out of the door, pressing the button to unlock his matte black Range Rover and got into the car. He started it up and carefully pulled out of the driveway before pulling off towards Brooklyn to the video set.

"Well, well. Slim Shady's back, huh?" Royce chuckled.

"Tell a friend!" Marshall laughed.

The hairstylist removed the cutting cape from around his neck and brushed off his shoulders. Marshall stood up and looked in the mirror, rubbing his hand over his newly bleached blonde hair.

"The kid is back. All them fans of yours gon' go crazy." Crooked commented.

"Hey, I ain't mad 'bout that." Marshall chuckled.

"Ready to make this shit happen?" Joe asked him.

"Hell yea, let's do it."

Marshall got up from the styling chair and walked over to the set, which consisted of white backdrops and a massive boombox in the background. He saw Rick Rubin, who helped produce the song conversing with the director. Marshall approached them and the director switched his attention to him, smiling brightly.

"Em, how's it going, man?" He greeted him with a handshake.

"I'm good, man. Ready to get this thing going." Marshall nodded.

"Great. We're gonna start out with you and Rick in front of the boombox, get a couple shots of you rapping your verse and then we'll get you some shots in with Kendrick, Royce and Slaughterhouse."

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright, let's get it going!"

Half of the day consisted of Marshall lip syncing his raps and acting goofy with his label mates, including Yelawolf and even Denaun from D12. Not to mention, a few outfit changes. Kid Rock even made a small cameo appearance in the video. During their lunch break, Marshall was eating in his dressing room with the fellas until a knock came at the door. Denaun decided to get up to open the door and opened it to find Alexis standing there.

"Oh, shit. There's Lady Shady. How you doin', girl?" He greeted her with a hug.

She chuckled and hugged him back, "Hey, D. How you been?"

"I'm all good. Come on in here."

He moved out of the way to make room for her and Alexis walked into the room, removing her jacket that was draped over her shoulders. Marshall placed his half eaten taco aside and motioned her to come closer, reaching out his hand. She smiled, placing her hand in his and he pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her from behind.

"What you doin' here? I thought you were at Shero's video shoot." He asked, giving her a kiss on the lips.

"It's still going on, but everybody's on lunch break for two hours. So I decided to come over and see my man." She winked and ran her fingers through his blonde dyed hair, "I see Slim Shady's back, huh?"

"Yea, I had to bring the blonde back for a little bit." He chuckled and licked his lips.

"You look good, boo."

"Thanks, wifey." He kissed her cheek, "You want a couple of my tacos or something?"

"Nah, I'm good, baby. I know how much you love your tacos, so enjoy." She chuckled, "I'm getting something to eat before I head back."

"As much as y'all make me sick with all that love shit, I'm glad my boy Slim found a good one." Royce chuckled, taking another bite of his taco.

"Yea, these two went through some shit back in the earlier days, but I knew they'd be aight." Denaun commented.

"Whew, those days were something. This boy had me ready to fight for real." Alexis shook her head.

"Oh, she slapped me across the face quite a few times for fucking up. I'm like, 'Damn, this girl heavy handed as hell.' But I deserved that shit, so I couldn't really get mad." Marshall chuckled.

"We wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't go through a few things." She pointed out.

"True that."

"Slim told us you thinking about starting your own label." Yelawolf commented.

"Yes. I love what I do at Shady Records, I just want to add something extra that's in my area. Y'all know I'm a hip-hop and rap fanatic, but R&B is my area." She explained.

"We feel you on that." Royce nodded, "You know any artists you sign and you need a feature, either one of us got you."

"Including me." Marshall added.

"Thank you, fellas. That means a lot." Alexis smiled.

Alexis stayed with the guys for about another thirty minutes before she had to leave. She gave hugs to all of them and Marshall offered to walk her outside as he grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers.

"I've been having fun with the guys and having fun shooting the video, but seeing you was a definite highlight." He told her.

"Aww. That's so sweet, baby." Alexis smiled.

"It's just the truth. You know I like being around you and your presence."

"I can say the same, Mr. Mathers."

The two of them shared a chuckle and he opened the car door for her. She climbed into the backseat and turned towards him.

"What's your plans after your video shoot?" She asked him.

"Shit, probably heading to the studio for a little bit. I should be done here in about another couple hours. What about you?" He replied, standing in between her legs.

"I'll probably head back to the house and finish up my plans for my studio. Maybe work on some lyrics myself." She nodded.

"Sounds good. I'll see you back at the house, aight?"

"You got it, boo. I love you."

"I love you too."

He leaned down slightly and kissed her lips softly, gently squeezing her thigh. She giggled against his lips and he pulled away, closing the car door. She playfully shot him the bird and he did the same as the car pulled off. He chuckled to himself, shaking his head and walked back inside to finish shooting the video.