Chapter 95

Chapter 95

Harry’s POV

Within the next few days of finally deciding that I was going to leave, and my mom had emailed me the link for my plane ticket just a few hours ago. Even though I wasn’t going to hockey practice here anymore, I still got up at the time so I could sit in the kitchen and talk to my aunt while she prepared breakfast.

Continuing to wake up at this early, I had thought about maybe going to practice since I wasn’t technically off the team until I was officially gone. Even though I had been starting to make a couple of new friends on the team, I remembered the people who were there that contributed to making me want to move back to England, and I decided I’d just stay here.

I’m sure coach has already told them that I’m leaving, and I really didn’t want the endless questions about why I was leaving because I knew they weren’t going to stop until they got an answer, and it really wasn’t any of their business, and I really did not want to tell them. I didn’t even have one exact reason why I wanted to leave; I had many events that made up some small reasons.

So if I was asked why I was leaving, I wouldn’t have a definite answer and I probably couldn’t answer their question without explaining and event or something that happened or something that was said to me, and most people really don’t care that much to live through the experience. I had pretty much planned on staying in this house until I had to leave for England.

My aunt told me that maybe a day or two before I left she wanted to take Ben and I out for a nice dinner, so besides that, I’m not stepping foot out of this house. I was probably exaggerating that a bit, but I was perfectly content staying in here. The two people in this house were probably what I was going to miss the most. Everyone else that I knew here was one of the reasons that I was leaving.

Continuing to get up early really just ensured that I would be able to talk to my aunt and have her homemade breakfast every morning, which for sure was something that I was going to miss.

Right now every morning we for the past two or three days we had been talking about how we were going to break the news to been. I’ve known that I was going to leave for a few days now, but Ben still didn’t know. I was absolutely dreading it, but my aunt said that she would tell him with me. She said she’d only do that though if I got started on packing.

Everyday she has asked me to start packing up my things, which were mostly my clothes that were thrown across the floor. In my progress in packing though I think the room I stay in is even messier than it was two days ago.

“I almost wish that your things would just stay messy and unpacked so you wouldn’t have anything packed for you to leave,” my aunt joked after nagging to me that I needed to start packing after breakfast.

“You’re unwillingness to pack makes me think that you should just stay here,” she smiled.

“It’s not unwillingness as much as laziness,” I told her.

“Well then you better watch out because while your lazy butt is on the couch I could just take all your clothes and hide them so you can’t leave,” she joked, causing me to laugh a bit.

I could tell by all the joking things she was saying that she was just trying to lighten everything up so she could enjoy her last few days with me, and I knew that she was a whole lot more upset than she was really letting on.

Ben came into the kitchen just as she was finishing up the scrambled eggs, so we had to change our topic of conversation. We had already decided that we were going to tell Ben that I was moving back to England either tonight or tomorrow morning.

So right now since neither me or my aunt knew what to talk about right now, we just let Ben talk about whatever he wanted. He had come in so unexpectedly that my aunt and I had quit talking so fast and we were worried that Ben might’ve heard something that he really wasn’t supposed to hear yet.

If Ben had heard us talking about the subject me leaving, I’m pretty sure he would’ve said something about it by now. Right now though he was eagerly watching his mum put his breakfast on his plate and set it in front of him. He had stopped talking a bit since he was so consumed in his food now. In between bites he would talk to us though about whatever he felt like.

After breakfast, Ben and I stayed in the kitchen to help my aunt clean everything up and put all the pans and dishes and other utensils that were used this morning into the dishwasher.

Once we finished that up, I went with Ben into the living room, and he turned on one of his kid shows. Luckily it was one of the shows that didn’t bother me too much, surprisingly one episode that we were watching the other day I had got into it, it wasn’t half bad. Of course they’d ask those stupid questions every now and then, thinking that the kid watching the program would care enough to answer out loud, Ben never did.

So I’ve concluded with those kid shows that Ben watches have their positives and negatives. Negatives mostly being a lot of it is pretty stupid. Positives being a lot of the characters are pretty intriguing made up things that these people have created.

When Ben had left the living room to go to the bathroom, my aunt had taken this time to walk into the living room and told me I could watch one more episode with Ben and then I really needed to start getting everything packed. I groaned in annoyance but agreed to what she told me anyway.

So when Ben came back from the bathroom, I watched one more episode with him, and then I told him that I was going to go to my room for a bit. It was a pretty lame excuse as to where I was going, but I didn’t have anything else to day.

“Harry?” I heard Ben say as I was walking out.

“Yeah?” I said, turning around to face him, and I was nervous that maybe he wanted to go to my room with me or wanted to ask why I was going there right now. “Why haven’t you been going to hockey practice?” he asked me.

“Why? You sick of having me here during the day?” I joked, causing a smile to appear on his face.

“No,” he told me, dragging the word out a bit.

“I thought you loved hockey, and now you never go,” he said.

“Some things are going on,” I told him, “I’ll let you know soon enough,”

With that, I left the living room and headed into my room to start packing. I had already taken my empty suitcase out of the closet where I had stored them, and now they were just lying on the ground, mocking me because I had to pack them right now.

I knew that I should probably wash the clothes that I had strewn all over the floor, but I honestly didn’t care enough right now. I just picked up whatever piece of clothing was near me, folded it, and placed it in the suitcase, finally beginning to pack.