Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Harry’s POV

After I had dropped Gabrielle off at her house and she got out of the car, I watched as she walked across the street to her driveway, but once she was there I began to drive off. I felt bad for leaving right away since I usually stayed and waited to make sure she had in the house safely.

I was running a bit late though since I still had to go back to my aunt’s house and change before I went to the buffet. She’s get into her house safely just like she always did, and if I stayed and waited I would’ve been a few more minutes behind schedule than I already am.

So I drove out of the neighborhood, barely staying on the speed limit as I drove out onto the main road. I checked the time as I was driving and then sped up my car a little as I continued to drive. I made it back to my house, and luckily since I had driven pretty fast I was now ahead of schedule and I should probably make it to the buffet just a couple minutes late, which wasn’t too bad.

When I was inside the house, I ran to my room and my aunt tried to stop me as I was heading there in attempt to ask me why I was in such a rush, but I just ran past her. I’d tell her where I was going either when I had changed or just when I got back if I didn’t have enough time now.

Whenever I told her though, I wondered what she would say when I said that I was going to the buffet. I was guessing that she would be happy and assume that things were getting better. I wasn’t exactly sure if things were getting too much better, but I’d like to think that they were.

I knew she would want me to tell her about how it’s been going at the rink then, which was another reason I just wanted to wait and tell her about everything afterward when I got back because then I would be completely free to talk to her. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a shirt from my dresser, practically taking the sweats I had on off as I was grabbing the new clothes to put on.

I threw the clothes on the floor as I got them off and was hopping to the door as I still putting my jeans on. I grabbed a pair of shoes that were next to the door and then I headed out. I quickly checked the time on my phone as I was sliding each shoe on, and judging by the time, almost everyone should’ve arrived at the buffet by now.

This time as I was running across the house to get to the door and leave, my aunt got in front of me and she wouldn’t let me leave until I told her where I was going. I quickly told her that I was going to go to the buffet today and that I would explain later and she finally got out of my way and let me leave the house. I got into my car and began to drive to the buffet.

Right now I was more nervous than excited to go there once I realized that I was now actually being around Zack and Adam by choice instead of just going to practice. I reminded myself though that I wasn’t going to be talking to them. Sure they might say a few things to me when they saw me there, but I shouldn’t be that big of a deal because I already had a pretty good idea of what all they were going to say to me, so what they say to me isn’t going to have the negative affect on me that they’re always trying for.

I soon arrived at the buffet though, and when I pulled into the parking lot, I ignored my usual routine of parking in the back and I parked as close to the entrance as I could. I ended up finding a spot more in the middle of the parking lot, but it was still good enough for me.

I parked my car and locked the vehicle after I got out and then I began to run up to the entrance of the restaurant.

When I got in there I looked around and I soon found the guys from my hockey team just getting into the lines for the buffet. I quickly made my way over to them and got in line. Unfortunately since coach was always the last one of the group to get in line so I was stuck waiting behind him.

When I walked up behind him and grabbed a plate, he turned around to see who was behind him I’m guessing, and he smiled once he saw that it was me.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here,” he said.

“Well here I am,” I said and then just acted like he wasn’t there and started to get food on my plate.

“What made you decide to come today?” he asked me.

“What made you decide to ask me all these questions that aren’t your business?” I asked him right back.

“I’m asking because you’ve been ditching the buffet the last few days,” he told me.

“Well I’m here now so why question it? You questioning me may make me regret my decision of not ditching today,” I told him, and I think that made him shut up for now since he didn’t say anything else to me the rest of the time we were getting food.

Once I had my plate filled with the foods that I wanted, I walked over to the table where we usually sat, and I noticed a few stares directed at me as I sat down, but I just ignored them. I noticed Zack looking at me from the other end of the table but since we were both at both far ends of the table it was pointless for him to try and talk to me right now but I knew he would later. I just didn’t think about it right now and I began to eat my food.

At first the guys who I was sitting by didn’t say much at all. A few of them where talking to each other and it took awhile before one of them finally acknowledged that I was there in a way besides staring at me like I was some stranger sitting at their table. Connor began to start a conversation with me, but I noticed him glancing over in the direction that Zack was sitting, checking to make sure that he wasn’t watching him I’m guessing.

I really didn’t mind that much though because I was just happy someone was actually talking to me and it wasn’t to be rude to me. I think Connor soon realized though that he wasn’t being very subtle about checking to make sure that Zack wasn’t noticing him talking to me.

He then apologized and explained to me that Zack was pretty determined on not having anyone talking to me unless it was to insult me. Zack was pretty pissed about this whole thing obviously, but according to Connor some of the guys on the team were sick of having to ignore me or insult me. Although they weren’t necessarily happy with the fact the I was dating a figure skater, they just wanted to let it all go.

It made me feel better that a some of the guys weren’t wanting to go along with what Zack told them, but I didn’t like that they weren’t doing anything about it, they were just obeying what he had commanded of them, and I didn’t like it one bit. I decided that I’d try to figure out something to do about it later.

Right now I just wanted to enjoy the fact that for once in these past few days someone was actually wanting to have a conversation with me and wasn’t judging me by the fact that I was dating a figure skater, he just wanted to talk to me as a person and not care about what my reputation was right now.