Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Harry's POV

After Ben waked me up, I slipped a shirt on, and him and I headed down the stairs. The whole walk down the stairs he was tugging at my hand telling me to hurry up.

"I'm coming," I told Ben as he continued to tug at my hand we headed to the kitchen.

Once we were in the kitchen, I sat down on the barstool, and my aunt greeted me as Ben climbed up onto the stool next to mine.

"How was your hockey practice yesterday?" Ben asked me.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you about that," his mom chimed in.

"Sorry I couldn't wait up for you, I got tired. Mommy was supposed to wake me up if I fell asleep, but she didn't," Ben said and looked over at his mom.

"I tried, but you were knocked out,"

Ben just let out a huff at his mom's comment and then looked back over to me.

"So how was your hockey practice?" my aunt asked me, bringing the topic back to what it originally was.

"It was pretty good, not much of a challenge though," I said.

"Your dad pushed you to do more challenging things?" she asked.

"Yeah, one or two things threw me off a bit, but besides that most of the practice routine they did is basic training to my dad," I explained to her.

"So what about your teammates, they being nice? Made any friends?" she asked me as she placed a plate of sausage and eggs in front of both me and Ben.

Ben smiled happily and picked up his fork to dig in, now becoming even less involved in the conversation.

"They're nice, I don't know how good of friends I'm going to become with them," I told her, and her smiled turned into a frown.

"Why not?"

"All they talk with me about is England, it seems to be all they're interested in," I said.

"That won't last forever, they are just interested and want to start conversation with you," she said to me.

"Couldn't they find another topic to talk with me about? It's fine once, but it's all they ask me about," I told her.

"Harry you've only known them for a few days, you have got to give them a chance. They may just be curious of why you moved from the Britain to the American team,"

"They probably think suspiciously of me then," I said, and picked up my fork to start eating the food I haven't touched yet.

"Okay maybe one or two of the guys might, but it won't last forever once they see that you are fully supporting their team," she told me, and I put of bite of sausage in my mouth instead of answering her.

"Okay, so teammates aren't going so well, how's the rink itself?" she asked me.

"It's nice," I decided to answer.

"It's a nice rink huh?" she asked.

"It's okay," I shrugged, and she just rolled her eyes at me as she put the left over food she made into a container and then into the fridge.

She used to work at the rink for a side job a few years ago to make extra money, and she just thinks the whole building is just so great.

"One question though," I said once she came back to the counter.

"Yes, what is it?" she asked.

"What's up with the feud between some of the figure skaters and my hockey team?" I asked her.