Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Gabrielle’s POV

Walking into Harry’s house and having his coach be there sitting in the living room when we came in was not something that I would’ve expected to have happened today, but it did. I tried to take my mind of the whole thing like I usually did when stuff like this happened, but of course it’s all my mind wanted to think about right now.

I couldn’t stop thinking about how when my dad gets home this evening that there might be a slight possibility that he will now know what I’ve been hiding from him for so long, and having Harry’s hockey coach tell him was really not the way I wanted him to find out.

Telling him myself was going to be bad, but if he had to hear it from someone else, especially the hockey coach, I was going to be in so much more trouble than I would’ve by just telling him myself. I was tempted just to call my dad right now and tell him everything, but there is a possibility that that might backfire on me, because what if Harry’s coach isn’t going to tell him, at least not today, then I would’ve just screwed everything up for myself.

Everything was pretty much already screwed up for me though since now another person knows about Harry and I, it’s especially bad because it is one of the last people who I would want to have found out about Harry and I. I couldn’t help but be a bit mad at Harry for all this though. He told me his aunt had told him the information he needed to know to prevent this from happening yet he somehow forgot. I mean I get how it could be somewhat easy to forget since he is so used to jut seeing his aunt’s car, and then another car when his coach is there, but still.

The paranoid and distrusting side of me keeps thinking that he did this on purpose since he has been wanting to tell my dad about us, that doing this would be the next best thing and my dad would most likely find out. I try to focus on anything except my thoughts right now as Harry drove me home, so I just looked out the window and focused my attention on all the cars passing by.

Harry and I had just gone to a simple restaurant a few minutes out of town to eat, and we had just left a little while ago and we were about fifteen minutes from my house. The whole time at the restaurant Harry and I were either quiet as we looked at the menu or while we ate, but the times that Harry and I did try to start an actual conversation, it was obvious that Harry was trying to hard to get on a subject that had nothing to do with the previous events from the night, even though I knew a slight part of him wanted to talk about it a bit.

He was making sure he stayed as far from the topic as he could for my sake. My focus from looking out the window was soon interrupted by Harry beginning to talk to me.

“Maybe we should just tell your dad, tonight. You know before coach does,” Harry suggested, starting on the conversation we’ve both been willingly and or unwillingly avoiding the last few hours.

“Would you please stop telling me that I should tell my dad? I will tell him when I feel like it’s the best time to,” I told him.

“You don’t think now is a good time? It’s like you said earlier, it’s only a matter of time before coach tells your dad himself, you’ll be in a whole lot of trouble if he hears it from someone he despises instead of hearing it from you,” Harry told me.

I knew he was right but there was still no guarantee that he was going to tell my dad tonight, or even at all. Knowing this coach’s personality, he’ll probably tell some of the workers at the rink, and then wait for word to spread. One of the reasons that I hate Harry’s hockey coach as much as my dad does, when he wants to be he can be very immature. Also he can be very rude and scolding and make you terrified of him when he wants to.

“Just stop bringing up, please. This whole feud thing is bigger than you think it is so just drop it, okay?” I snapped at him.

“How do you know how big it is if you apparently don’t even know about everything that happened?” he challenged.

“Just drive faster,” I huffed after a few moments had passed and I had no other answer to give him at the moment, I’m sure I’d think of one later tonight though, but it wouldn’t matter by then.

As Harry continued to drive, I began to look out the window again and I could tell that we were almost back to my house. While he continued to sit in silence I realized that Harry and I never got to talk about the date he had with Bella last night. I didn’t think it was worth it to bring it up right now though considering what else was going on and the fact that I was a bit angry with him right now, and I was pretty sure he wasn’t very happy with me right now either.

Although I did actually want to hear about his thoughts on the date and more about what happened, I was too apprehensive to ask him in this atmosphere right now since there was a bit of tension brewing between us right now. I was thankful when I finally saw my neighborhood coming into view as harry began to drive to it.

Once he pulled up in front of my house, he unlocked the door and mumbled a good bye to me as I got out of the car. I didn’t bother saying bye back because I didn’t feel like it was worth it to waste my breath right now. I quickly made my way up the driveway and into my house.

Once I was inside I walked into the living room and just threw myself down onto the couch.

Today has been a disaster, and the day isn’t even over yet. I wished it could just automatically be nighttime now so I could just go to sleep and hopefully forget everything for a good amount of hours.

Unfortunately it was only the afternoon and my dad hadn’t even come home yet. He wasn’t set to come home for a few more hours, and man was I not looking forward to that.