Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Harry’s POV

I apprehensively opened up the door to the locker room once I approached it. I wasn’t sure why I was so nervous right now because nothing has even happened yet. I guess I was just worried that coach could be in there right now telling the guys everything he saw and what he knew from when he went over to my aunt’s house.

When he is telling people, I wondered how he is going to say he even found out. Naturally I was just thinking he would say that he was at my aunt’s house, because he was, but I didn’t know if he’d tell other people that since it may for some reason affect him if people knew he was dating my aunt. I don’t know why it would affect him here, but I didn’t know the half of what was and wasn’t acceptable to these people here. If he didn’t say that he was at my aunt’s house, I’d find a way to get it out and make sure everything knew that’s how he got the information if he didn’t want to say that detail himself.

I think with gossip like that going around though, a hockey player and a figure skater dating, no one was really going to car were the information came from, all they wanted to do was spread it around, and then give me and Gabrielle glares and looks as one of us walked passed them.

I finally made myself open the door to the locker room, and when I walked in all the guys were sitting in the middle of the locker room on the benches, and coach was standing up in front of them all.

They all turned to look at me to see who had just walked in, and some of the expressions on their faces changed drastically once they saw me, and obviously not in a good way. I already knew this wasn’t good sign, but nevertheless I just acted like their stares didn’t phase me, and I continued to walk into the locker room and took a seat on an empty spot on a bench next to Adam.

I was really wishing someone would say something right now because I was getting quite uncomfortable with the silence and them all staring at me.

“Well well, look whose here,” Zack said just as I was sitting down.

“To busy with your girlfriend to make it here on time huh?”

“This is the time we always meet here, no one told me to get here early,” I said back to him as calm as I could.

Even though I really wanted to tell him to shut up, I decided not to acknowledge what he said about me apparently being late, and just give him an answer. I knew he was expecting to get a rise out of me or something, but I wasn’t going to give him what he wanted. It was obvious now that coach had just told them about Gabrielle and I, he probably texted them to get here early, because he never even gets here this early.

I was pretty much positive that he hasn’t told anyone else yet though, because when I was walking into the building, there was bound to be one person who would say something to me. Coach soon cleared his throat and everyone back to face him, probably not wanting this conversation to continue.

“Okay we should get headed to the rink for practice,” he told us.

“Aren’t you going to finish telling us about Har-”

“I said get headed to the rink for practice,” coach said sternly, interrupting Ryan.

I knew coach was trying to cut off what Ryan was saying since I was in here now, but I still heard what he said or what he was trying to say.

“Are you stupid?” I heard Zack whisper to Ryan as we all got up and made our way out of the locker room.

I wasn’t sure if I was meant to hear that since his whisper was rather loud, but I was pretty sure Zack was just trying to get his point across to Ryan that he was stupid for starting to ask coach if they were going to continue to talk about me, even though I was now in the locker room. I now wondered, since coach already told the guys on the team, who was he going to tell next?

I didn’t even know if he was going to tell anyone else, but I almost know for sure that Zack probably will. I still didn’t get why coach even needed to tell them about Gabrielle and I. My relationship is my personal business, and I didn’t come to this rink for people to be discussing my personal life, I am here to play hockey and that’s all I want to focus on.

I really wanted to ask coach what his goal in this was. It wasn’t going to break Gabrielle and I up; I could help her get through all the stress. The two of us would ignore what everyone had to say to us, we’d help each other out and tell one another not to let the stupid things that people say or may think get to us. Inevitability I thought this might even make our relationship stronger, but I knew that wasn’t coach’s goal.

He’s so caught up in this feud that involves Gabrielle’s dad that he’s willing to do almost anything it seems to hurt or be rude to Gabrielle or her dad. It wasn’t fair to either of them, but then again I didn’t know what happened. It really wasn’t fair to Gabrielle though since she didn’t do anything, she didn’t ask her dad to do whatever it was that he did so she shouldn’t be one of coach’s targets.

When we all walked into the rink, I wasn’t focused on all the updates to the rink like everyone else seemed to be right now. My eyes locked on Gabrielle right when I stepped in. Luckily she wasn’t still skating like she sometimes was when we came in, but I really wished she wasn’t in here right now. It was just going to cause conflict that neither of us needed right now.

When I noticed that Bella was sitting on the other side of Gabrielle, I quickly looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with her instead of Gabrielle. Neither of them have really looked up or paid much notice to us since we got in here, but I guess that was actually a good thing.

Normally Bella would already be starting a fight with Zack, but right now he seemed oblivious to her right now. When they did notice Gabrielle here though, because I knew at some point they would, I was hoping that they would just glare at her at the very worst.

I didn’t want them going up and talking to her right now because I knew what they were going to bring up and I didn’t want Bella finding out right now. I knew the fact that she was going to find out sooner or later was inevitable, but I didn’t want her to know right now. My teammates were just told about Gabrielle and I, I really didn’t want another person to hate me today.